Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the blahs

i have a big fat awful horrible case of the blahs.
like if i talk to anyone for too long i might start crying.
it's very hard to feel this way and entertain a 2 year old all day.
my poor, sweet child!

you know when it's not any one big thing,
but 100 little things.
and no one wants to hear what all of those little things are,
so i will just keep them bottled up in my head.

anyway,
if i don't run away,
{which i have been considering}
i'll be back to normal soon.

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am sorry to hear this. Check your email.

Stephanie

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

It's January! I hate January!

Bonnie said...

Aw, so sorry to hear that... I have those days too. Hang in there...deep breaths and a Hail Mary should help :) PS- Just sent you an email, actually! Don't know how you do all that you do!

Staci said...

Oh I could've written this post today. As a matter of fact, I had a blog post very similar written in my head all day but didn't have it in me to even turn the computer on. How sad.

Vent away if you need to. I'm sure most, if not all, of us are feeling the same way.

Kerri said...

It's such a hard time of year. The let down of the holidays being over....sounds like you need a margarita and a girls night out! I got your note in the mail today...thanks! I was so excited to read it...you're just so nice!

Hang in there girl! Tomorrow is a new day!

Dani said...

Come to Houston. I'll show you a good time and knock you out of those blahs.

Angela said...

caravan leaving for virginia on the 14th! ;)

{cindy} said...

So sorry Nicolle! We ALL have those kind of days...even though I know that doesn't make YOURS any better!!:) Just know you are not alone.
One of my favorite cures for the blahs is to put on my favorite upbeat music, think of 3 simple things that make me happy and do every single one of them!!
If I could come visit today, Aubrey and I would take you out for Mexican, take a walk around a park (bundles up of course!)and then go for a yummy cupcake!!
Hope today is better and the sun is shining in your sweet little corner of the world!!
Enjoy the day

*I know quite a few of us who would listen to all 100 of those "things" too...any day!* :)

4 Lettre Words said...

I went through that same thing last week. I'm so sorry, and I hope it resolves soon. Love you, friend!

SZM said...

So sorry to hear that! It happens and January seems to be my blue time as well. Sure wishing we lived closer...we could go sip coffee and cheer each other up!

Megan said...

Ug. I think the blahs are the theme of January. That and organization. It is the post Christmas, life is back to normal doldrums. But sometimes all those little things get their way with us. Make sure to get out and get some fresh air today. Lunch date next week? Email me...
cmegayers@yahoo.com

Keri P said...

I'm always here to listen to any and every little thing that troubles you...in fact I have a hundred little things I keep bottled up,also. Trust me, I'm sure we would be saying the same things. A little secret to you, "I'm not looking forward to our 20 yr.".
I haven't had my computer in a month and I don't do a lot on my laptop, so I'm reading up on your post. I'm so glad you enjoyed the coffee. Did I get you beans or was that another kind. I know I debated in my mind about it and figured I better go with the ground, cause I didn't know if you had a grinder. I'm so happy to see Boyd fit in the pj's...Colin so did not fit in them last year, but he wore them anyway.
Anyway, I'm rambling, so I better cut it. Talk to me anytime. ~Keri

sloan said...

Nicolle, I am actually so glad to hear you say this b/c DEAR LORD have I ever been feeling the same thing ... and how! Trying hard to pull out of it, but geez ... anyway, it's NOT that I'm glad you feel this way, it's just nice to know I'm not alone ;-)

Kim said...

What?!?? What's wrong? Oh no! I thought you had company. Share with your sister. Don't keep it bottled up! If she won't listen, hop a plane to Virginia!