pork carnitas,
{you really need to make them},
pinto beans from a can,
{easy and delicious}
and cabbage salad.
have you ever had this hot sauce,
valentina.
inexpensive and you get so much.
i've passed it up a hundred times at the store,
i thought, it's so cheap it must be nasty.
we love it.
have you ever tried using plain yogurt,
when you would usually use sour cream.
you save so many calories and a lot of fat this way,
and it's a really great substitute.
i am thankful for little boys,
green grass,
choo choo trains,
plastic slides,
beautiful weather.
the extent of my easter decor,
but it makes me happy.
we had a fun playdate today with my childhood friend shelley,
and two of her sweet kids.
she is precious,
and has the most gentle spirit.
i'm so glad we've kept in touch.
we were neighbors when we were little.
from what we hear,
our parents were pretty wild and crazy back then.
is this right mom?
last night boyd would not go to sleep.
he knew what he was doing.
we should have not gone into his room 50 times,
but we did.
he would get out of bed and sit in the corner by his door.
he said,
i'm afraid of the dark.
i want to lay with you mommy.
i want another night night kiss.
i want another drink.
and so on and so on.
i passed out before he did.
kevin went to check on boyd around midnight.
he was passed out in his bean bag chair next to his bed.
too bad i was already asleep,
you know i wanted a picture of that.
i can't imagine why he was up so late.
couldn't have been that super huge cookie i let him have,
at zoe's kitchen.
have a beautiful easter!
9 comments:
It's so cheap it must be nasty. Still cracking up! That is me all the way. Glad to hear it wasn't. :)
You always have the yummiest Mexican food. I need to come over for dinner sometime. Sorry, Shelley. I'm taking your seat next time.
And, yes. Plain yogurt subbed for sour cream. Big thumbs up! Even BB doesn't realize there's a difference. And that girl won't eat ANYTHING.
i've actually had this recipe in my book for a couple of months but have never actually made it - and it looks so good!! time to try it for sure!!
Glad that you're still liking the canned pintos! Also, Boyd is too funny!
We do the plain yogurt switch here too when I'm out of sour cream. Works like a charm!
That hot sauce IS yummy. It's the one that they served at one of the Mexican restaurants where I went to college, and everyone loved it. Glad you found a gem at Wal-Mart! Have a blessed Triduum, my friend :)
Your supper looks yummy! I've never tried yogurt as a substitute for sour cream. I've seen the idea, but have been too afraid to try it - me afraid to try a new food?! Never! ;o)
Hope you guys have a great Easter. Looks like you have some great weather to accompany the holiday :o)
Hi Nicolle,
Another delish looking dinner! Your posts make me hungry!
I just started substituting sour cream for plain greek yogurt and what a great way to save some calories. I think it tastes great too. I just made taco soup with the greek yogurt and it was great.
You're making me hungry too! I've had those pork carnitas on my list of things to try...but my crock pot broke. (or should I say someone used it as a step ladder to get something off a shelf...) You are always making my favorite kind of foods! I will have to pick up some of that cheapo hot sauce...I'm the opposite...if it's cheap, I'm suprised I haven't yet bought it! ;)
You have not trained Kevin very well Nicolle...or he would have known you would want a picture of Boyd in the bean bag!
Hope you guys have a wonderful Easter!
Your meals always look so pretty. Cabbage, really? that makes my stomach ache to even think about eating ;o)
I'll have to substitute that yogurt for SC sometimes and see who it is. We always have that exact one here to make the kids smoothies out of. Good idea!
Happy Easter!!
We love pork carnita's here too!
Chris buys that hot sauce, Crystal's too and loves them both. Jals and the hot sauce on everything.
Have a great Easter!
Your mexican food looks delicious. I so wish you lived her and could come to cooking club every month. You make the best stuff.
Sorry Boyd had a rough night. :(
And, yes, I'm sure you did want a picture. You're going to have to train Kevin to pick up the camera. Ha!
Read your post about the homeless. You have such a sweet heart.
Happy Easter, Nicolle.
Post a Comment