Tuesday, February 15, 2011

wrong side of the bed

in the big scheme of things,
this is not really even classified as a thing.
but, i am frustrated.
4 mornings in a row boyd has been soaked.
leaky diapers, pee filled bed.
we have not had a leak for months.
we changed the type of night diapers we used,
took away his drink at night.
thought we had it all figured out.

even though we are not serious yet about the potty training,
maybe we need to have him try to use it each night before bed?

oh man am i crabby this morning.
another load of laundry.
yes, i am thankful i have a washer and dryer.
i am thankful for much.
i'm not upset about the mess,
just trying to figure out why he is leaking again.
so this morning i'm frustrated.
and i'm writing about my life here,
trying to be real and honest,
but not look like i'm ungrateful or mean.
no one said being a parent was going to be easy.
i certainly don't expect perfection out of my precious child.
raising a child is fun and wild and crazy and messy and
hard and beautiful and sweet and a big ball of emotions.

{why is this crazy woman going on and on.
it's just a leaky diaper for goodness sakes!}
i know boyd can't enjoy waking up cold and wet.
poor baby!
i had such a wonderful weekend,
lots of rest and relaxation.
now i'm tired and on the verge of tears.
such is life.

off to get some coffee.

ps.
dear lord,
please keep me away from the valentine's clearance aisles,
at wmart today.
AND
can i go ahead and leave for hawaii NOW?!
amen.

16 comments:

Jen said...

I'm getting out of the house this morning to avoid all that needs to be done. Im heading to Walmart to buy cat liter etc...and a few of those candles you mentioned. Love cheap candles that smell just as great as those 25.00 ones.
Love the friendly monster Pjs too!

Jess said...

Gabe is 6, and we've just finally been able to take off the night pullup for him. And even so, I still have to wake him up right before I go to bed to use the bathroom.

And when he was still in pullups at night? Same thing. Pee right before bed or momma would be changing sheets.

Kim said...

My big ballerina took a long time to be dry overnight. We had to use those super hefty overnight diapers too b/c she would leak otherwise. Are you using those? They really did help. I've also heard some people put TWO diapers on their kiddos overnight.

Hang in there. Hawaii is right around the corner. Hugs!

4 Lettre Words said...

I know that is so frustrating. My BFF had a lot of trouble with her son, now 8 yo. He ddidn't have any water or juice after 4PM and nothing at all after 6PM...in between those times he could have just a small amount of milk, if needed. It helped a lot, and eventually he did "out-grow" the accidents. It just seems like some of those little bodies work overtime during the night!

Saying a prayer that tonight is totally dry. XO!

Kerri said...

Maybe Boyd is not feeling well? It's always frustrating when you can't figure out what change took place! I never had to use the overnight diapers...we just went straight to underpants....I guess God gave me an easy one!
I haven't left the house since Friday...going a little crazy over here myself! Brady and I have been sick...we're feeling better today...but I kept him home since he was sick all day yesterday.
Have fun at Walmart!

SZM said...

Oh, sweetie...this too shall pass. Your prayer made me smile :)

sloan said...

Oh, poor Nicolle, I've been there too ... my oldest would have occasional o'nite setbacks for years ... I don't think we were fully in the clear overnight until she was 5 years old or so. And then my little one never once needed an overnight diaper - go figure! Sounds like you've definitely done everything you can to trouble-shoot, so frustrating isn't it :-(

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Another leak? Boo!!

We make HG sit on the potty before bed. Usually she goes a lot. Then she gets a m &m and a sticker. HG still wakes up some mornings soaked but some days dry as can be. I gave in to the Huggies Overnight while we are traveling. They seem to work best for us. Maybe the maxi thing we spoke about? Ha! Gotta do what works. Also, I have a hospital bed liner in her bed. It is like two feet by two feet maybe? Cloth on the side she sleeps on so doesn't make a lot of noise. If she has a wild night, then she doesn't stay on it. Helps for those middle of the night pees.

Bonnie said...

Oh, how frustrating! I'm sure it will pass soon, though.

Hope you guys had a good time at Wal-Mart--it's always nice to have a distraction :)

Nichole said...

I hope your day got better!

I was super crabby today. Decided to do my Zumba when I got home even though I really didn't want to. My mood has mellowed a little. I sweated a lot and now all I smell is syrup. Should I be concerned? ;o)

{cindy} said...

Oh goodness Nicolle!!!
The only thing worse then changing toddler sheets is changing crib sheets...that is one of THE worst jobs of parenting don't ya think?!?!:)
So sorry for your wrong side of the bed kind of day! We all have those and ya know what, the funny thing is, the NEXT day is usually soooo much better isn't it! So now you have something to look forward to.:) Tomorrow!!!
I agree with some others here, I think having him go to the bathroom right before bed, will help with the leaking issue, and it will help with the whole potty training thing too.
Good luck and sending dry wishes your way!
Have a happy night

Did you make it out of Wmart with just a few bags...and can I go to Hawaii too?!?!?!:)

Genn said...

Oh I HATE waking up and realizing before I am even really awake and have had coffee and functioning like a normal human that my girls have wet the bed. HATE IT! So I feel your pain. Maybe having him try to go before bedtime will help. Working out the kinks in potty training is tough. Good luck!!!

PS- Maybe you should start a countdown chain for Hawaii! ;)

Unknown said...

C did that every night for quite a while. UGH. I feel your pain. He finally outgrew it but it did take a while. Does B sleep soundly? That was C's problem...slept too hard to wake up to pee. We bought the next size up diaper so it would hold more. Might be worth a shot. Sorry :(

Nicolle said...

He does sleep pretty soundly. I tried one size up in the overnights, but he leaked twice in those also. Last night was good. We had him use the potty before bed. I know it's a long process! ugh!

Dani said...

Going before bed is almost always a help.

I don't miss those days. Pee pee sheets are for the birds.

Dawn said...

Oh, I see I shouldn't be reading your posts backwards. LOL!

I'm sorry he's leaking at night. That has to be frustrating. We never really had that issue with the girls. I wonder if it happens more with boys than girls? Could it be the kind of diaper/pullup? I know for my girls we had to use Pampers because the Huggies always caused them to leak. However, my friends with boys preferred the Huggies.