I have been wanting to try this forever, microwave popcorn in a brown lunch sack. I got the recipe here. Another recipe, here. It's delicious. It's free of chemicals. It's very inexpensive. It's not greasy like your typical packaged microwave popcorn. Boyd is on a popcorn kick and wants it all the time, so this is great. We love it too.

My first batch burned at almost 3 minutes, as the recipe calls for, and there were many unpopped kernels still. Our microwave cooked it perfectly in 2 minutes, on high. The entire bag fills up. Tip: Don't lay the bag on it's side, sit it on it's bottom. It may fall over and top may open a little, but it's still ok, and will continue to pop. I also used a tad bit less than 1/2 cup of kernels. Almost every one of them popped, so there was no waste. It may take you a bag or two to experiment with your microwave, but once you get it down, you will love it. We like lime flavored popcorn, so next time at the store I will be stocking up on some flavors to add.
This coming week my dad would have turned 67 years old. I'm not sure if he is 67 or 54 up in heaven, as he was when he left us. I know that doesn't really matter, but I've always wondered. Do you age in heaven? I have 2 sweet things to remember him by each day. My husband who somehow acts just like my dad and has a ton of common interests...even though they never met, and my son who looks a lot like him. I'm happy to have so many good memories, past and present. My heart aches for my dad, but I know he's up in heaven with his sweet tooth having a big piece of birthday cake. Happy Birthday dad!
Boyd and I are up early this morning. surprise. I'm about to brew some coffee, and watch cartoons with my bubbie. We're letting Kevin sleep in. Have a great Sunday.
This coming week my dad would have turned 67 years old. I'm not sure if he is 67 or 54 up in heaven, as he was when he left us. I know that doesn't really matter, but I've always wondered. Do you age in heaven? I have 2 sweet things to remember him by each day. My husband who somehow acts just like my dad and has a ton of common interests...even though they never met, and my son who looks a lot like him. I'm happy to have so many good memories, past and present. My heart aches for my dad, but I know he's up in heaven with his sweet tooth having a big piece of birthday cake. Happy Birthday dad!
Boyd and I are up early this morning. surprise. I'm about to brew some coffee, and watch cartoons with my bubbie. We're letting Kevin sleep in. Have a great Sunday.
10 comments:
No way!! I have to try this popcorn! We use the old-fashioned dome corn popper which is really fun, (just used it last night even), but there are so many times I'll say no to popcorn requests b/c I don't feel like cleaning the machine. So excited to try this!
And happy birthday to your daddy. I'm going with the 57 year age. :)
Can't wait to make this popcorn...I HATE the greasy film that the microwavable kind leaves on the roof of my mouth!
Happy birthday to your Dad. I know how much you miss him. Eden just asked me the other night what age we are in Heaven. I think we will be all the ages we have ever been. That makes me happy to think about.
Can't wait to try this popcorn Nicolle! We LOVE popcorn here...especially when we're watching our shows in the evening.
Happy Birthday to your dad! I have often wondered what age we are in heaven too. I like Megan's thought. I think it's pretty darn cool that you married someone very much like your dad.
Enjoy your Sunday!
I will have to try the popcorn like this too! Never heard of brown bagging it, but sounds SO much better than the chemicals in the pre packaged popcorn.
I'm sure your Dad is having a fabulous birthday up in heaven. I think we are whatever age we want to be in heaven. I have wondered about that too. I lost a friend when he and I were just 16 years old. I have often wondered what he looks like now, or if he is the same as he was when I knew him.
Hugs to you friend. Whatever age we are when we get there, I do believe it is a most happy place.
Oh, how fun to try the popcorn this way!! We love popcorn here too! This is also the month that I lost my dear Dad. Eight years ago on the 27th. I miss him every single day. I am sorry for your loss as well.
Hugs,
Kris
Your recipes are always neat and stuff i wouldn't even think of. Thanks for the peppermint advice for my queasiness. I'm going to pick some up at the store today.
I don't know about the age in heaven. Who does.. lol But i like to think we go back to being a perfect age. YOung again but keep our knowledge? lol.. sounds funny saying it outloud but I guess if we don't keep out bodies then anything is possible and age really doesn't matter I think Age is just an earth thing. But happy birthday to your dad of course! ;-) We can celebrate for him.
Popcorn sounds great!
Happy Birthday to your dad!
I am totally trying this. Yum. Can you believe, I have a friend who doesn't like popcorn. That's just weird.
Happy Birthday to your dad. I know we will have our perfected bodies one day in Heaven. So nice to think about. That there will be a day that I won't have any "issues"!
It's neat that you can see your dad's attributes in your husband and son.
Catching up on your blog....we tried that popcorn too and it is great! The bit about your Dad got me a bit teary this morning. Hugs, my friend.
we have made popcorn like this before too. it's yummy! we use the microwave bowl you can get at target and just don't put any oil in it before popping it. afterwards, we add just a touch of melted butter and salt! goodness i LOVE popcorn!
happy birthday to your dad
i know you miss him
janey says she wants to be 4 in heaven...she said that was her favorite age!:)
Post a Comment