Kevin was out of town, in San Antonio, most of last week.
Boyd kept us safe.
He spent the rest of the time looking cute.
{and wearing me out}.
My mom came over on Sunday night to hang out with Boyd, and I slipped away {as fast as I could}.
I was so excited to be having dinner with my friends Megan, and Cindy....who just flew into town Sunday evening. I've known them both through blogging for a couple of years now, and adore both of them. A couple of months ago when Cindy told me she'd be coming to Dallas, I was so thrilled.
When we saw her and her husband pull up to the restaurant on Sunday, I almost knocked the table over getting up. True story. {too much margarita}.
Plus, I was just so happy to see her.
Plus, I was just so happy to see her.
We had a great dinner, lots of good, easy conversation and laughs.
It was an extra bonus to meet Cindy's husband. I've been drooling over his cooking, from afar.
They brought us some homemade pepper jelly, and I can't wait to try it.
It was an extra bonus to meet Cindy's husband. I've been drooling over his cooking, from afar.
They brought us some homemade pepper jelly, and I can't wait to try it.
It was such a good night.
I picked Cindy up today, and we went to the West End, downtown Dallas.
I'm sad to say I took very few pictures.
I was too busy talking.
We walked over to Dealey Plaza, to see the old Texas School Book Depository.
We had lunch at Ellen's Southern Kitchen.
We had lunch at Ellen's Southern Kitchen.
It was scrumptious, and I think I'm now officially full for the next week.
I'm pretty sure I could have sat there for hours and talked to Cindy.
She has the most easy going spirit about her, and I could learn a lot from her.
We finished lunch and I took her back to the hotel, and made my way back home.
God has blessed me with some sweet and beautiful and true friends, near and far.
love,
nicolle








10 comments:
Aw, I'm jealous! It sounds and looks like you two had a great day together...those sandwiches look amazing! I love the shot of Cindy snapping a pic of hers! Glad you two had some hours to spend all alone. Next time I'm coming!
Oh how fun!!
I just loved reading this post!
I love that you and Megan are real life friends.
And I love that you got to meet your friend Cindy and her husband. What fun!!!
I just know that's going to be us one day my friend!!! I just KNOW it.
What a fun day shopping and eating and talking. Love your lunch pics. Oh my delicious.
SO happy you had such fun.
:)
So glad you had a wonderful time, looks like a lovely couple of days!
I love Boyd protecting you in the first picture.
Hope you all are getting some rest.
How fun!!!! I hope we get to meet YOU one day!!!!
Way to go Boyd, for keeping the house safe while daddy was away!!!
xo Kris
Awwwww! And hi Cindy!!!
Yay! So happy you enjoyed your time with Cindy...I knew you two would be great friends...you are both such kind hearted people and amazing mamas! I love the picture of the two of you!! Oh how I would love to go to lunch someday with you ladies! I love the pics of Boyd too...you capture the best moments of him!
Have a great day Nicolle!
Wow...that sounds like such a great weekend. So glad you and Cindy had such a great time! Sure hope we can do that one day soon. :)
Your son is so cute in that picture! Sounds like you had a great time and day with your friend. Have a great week!
Maybe you have given me Cindy's blog link before? I need to look!
I am so glad you got to get away and have grown up time! That's good for the soul... and to meet another friend in "real life" is so cool!
I have been wanting to plan a surprise day-date with Lance to Dallas, an seeing these pictures made me want to nail that idea in stone!
And my final random thought:: I love Blue Mesa chips!
well hi there!!!:)
remember me!?
love it all, but you already knew that!
have a happy day and come to il soon k??:)
Post a Comment