Thursday, January 24, 2013

thursday

Boyd made this quilt at school the other day, and of course, I love it. 


Happy heart shaped strawberry marshmallows.
{my dad gave me that candy dish many years ago as a Valentine, and I always look forward to bringing it out each year for Valentine's day}.


I made a thai chicken pizza before on a regular pizza crust, here,
but this time I made it on flatbread.
I think I love it more on the flatbread.

Flatbread, thai sweet red chili sauce, shredded rotisserie chicken, mozzarella, crushed red pepper flakes, crushed peanuts. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Top with fresh cilantro once you take it out of the oven. 
so simple and yummy.

Today is western day at school. You would think we'd have something western, but we just don't. I found a shirt for Boyd, and I made him a little sheriff's badge. Not even sure this will pass as western, but it's what I came up with anyway. I didn't really want to spend money on a full outfit for a few hours of wear.
No matter what, he still looked cute as ever.
I love this little boy, he is my heart and soul.




 And then he cried and said he didn't like the sheriff's badge, so that only lasted about 5 minutes.
And he asked me why I didn't get him a cowboy hat.
Guess the shirt will have to do.

reality....
I've felt so out of joint lately. So many {little} things going on behind the scenes. Things I should deal with better, but I just don't. House repairs, trying to find a smaller church, health, eating better when I just want a bag of candy, wanting to protect my child from life's hard parts, small but hard decisions. I'm struggling with so many thoughts. I also think I'm entering an age in my life where my hormones are really out of whack, and I will be taking that up with my doctor soon.
I also know that you get over 5 hurdles, and life gives you 10 more. 
I long for the simple things in life, for love and happiness and kindness.
For soft spoken words and harmony.
I'm not asking for much, there is nothing material that I want or need.
{ok, maybe more epsom salts and some dark chocolate, but i'm pretty easy}.
This is it. This is the only life we get. And it's fleeting.
Today I will surround myself with good thoughts, kind words and love {and coffee}.
God is in control, he has it all figured out, he loves me.


Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28


 love,
nicolle

9 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Oh girl, I feel ya!! Man, would I like to share that pizza with you, thai chicken is my favorite. Only right now I've got a kid who can't eat gluten nor peanuts, nor dairy... nor a whole bunch of other stuff. Anywho... Try Evening Primose for all of the women's stuff, it supposed to help. I don't know google it. I just bought some myself. And, did you know that the bible says 365 times, "Do not be afraid," one for each day of the year. Just thought I'd share. Hugs.

Kris said...

I have a candy dish exactly like it!!!
That pizza looked amazing!!
And I LOVED Boyd's quilt!!!!!
When I was 40, I had to have a total hysterectomy, and boy did I get "out of whack!!!" It isn't fun, but we get through it. There are some good things out there to help!
Enjoy your coffee!!!
Mmmmmm
PS Loved Boyd's shirt too!!
xo Kris

Nichole said...

Sorry you've been feeling off lately. I'm always around if you need anything. :o)

What a sweet reminder of your dad. :o)

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Boyd looks very Western to me. Ours isn't until April, I like it in cooler months for sure.

Sorry you have been having troubles lately. I always seem to think each new year likes you (not you but everyone in general) to face challenges right away for some reason. Maybe testing our waters and then it will be smooth sailing for a while.

I love your heart dish, you should leave it out all year. Perfect candy bowl or a holder for ear rings.
Thank you for the sweet card!

Kerri said...

I agree w/ previous comment...you should leave your beautiful heart dish out all year!
I see a little monkey picture in Boyd's quilt! He looks super cute too for western day...I love the pic of him sticking out his tongue!
I've been feeling out of whack lately too...sometimes I think it really is hormones. Oh how I would love to share some pizza of your delicious pizza with you and talk about life....

4 Lettre Words said...

Your candy dish is so sweet, my friend. Praying that today is a really good day. XO! LOVE Boyd's hair. He's such a handsome sheriff!

{cindy} said...

looks like we have lots to talk about!!!:)
breathe
be grateful
breathe
have faith
breathe
:)

Susannah said...

Boyd looks adorable as a sherrif! I also adore that bowl! I love anything to do with love. :-)

Megan said...

I can sure relate to how you are feeling. I thought some more about that post we talked about of Jami Nato's and I am seeing the light that it's just never all going to come together at once. It's not meant to. We wouldn't need a Savior if we could manage this life and our hearts alone. Of all I say I know about grace and my thinking is still so backwards. Anyways...I get it.

But that pizza sure will make something right in the world and so will that quilt. Adorable.