we played with it this afternoon.
he loves it.
i thought it was crazy messy, not what i expected.
i know all that matters is that he loved it though.
{that's what i kept telling myself}.
of course our colors got mixed almost immediately.
that is how we roll around here.
i thought it was supposed to be a lot less messy than playdoh.
negative.
we will play with it outside next time.
{we are totally grateful for the gift, but OMG}.
he kept asking me to make him more animals,
but for some reason mine kept falling apart.
can you hear my frustration. ha.
is there a secret to moon dough people?!
boyd feels much better, but he didn't want to go anywhere today.
that was fine with me.
we stayed in our pj's all day.
i almost finished reading, same kind of different as me.
omg.
i want to talk to mr. ron and mr. denver in person.
i love them.
i want mr. denver to introduce me to some of his homeless friends.
i think i reached the pivotal point of the book today,
and i sobbed like a baby.
life changing for sure!
off to make broccoli salad for dinner.
good night!
19 comments:
Love the hat! I am glad to hear that Boyd is feeling better.
Oh. My. Gosh.
Nicolle,
I seriously JUST finished taking pictures of the MESS that MOON DOUGH has created all over my kitchen island! I pulled it out and let my oldest one play with it and it was not what I thought either!!
I was going to post about it to warn my mom friends. Moon dough, not worth the mess.
Too funny.
Genn, that is CRAZY and funny that you are going to post about it too. I can't wait to read your post on it. I might link it here with mine too. NOT what I heard about this product, at all. :))
I hate Moon Sand...only give it to others as a gift to make their lives a miserable as mine was when we got it as a gift:)
Going to make your spicy green beans right now!
Glad Boyd is starting to feel better too!
I was under the impression that Moon Dough was suppose to be less messy too. Interesting.
I hung out in comfy clothes all day too. Finally got all the laundry done. 1 more day of break!
I'm such a mean mom. I don't allow Playdoh OR Moon Sand in the house. I'm glad Boyd's feeling better!!
Moon dough? Never heard of it but will put in on my do not buy ever list for HG. :)
Lets try to get together soon. We could alway do Mcdonalds again.
I love that first picture. So sweet. Our play dough "accidentally" dried out and had to be thrown away. If this stuff is worse, forget it!
yeah, i don't get it.
it was totally crumbly like sand.
The secret to Moon Dough is to NOT buy it! Yuk! Stick with Playdoh! Brady used to go wash his hands about every two minutes when he was playing with playdoh. Then the playdoh would start to get wet from all the handwashing...what a mess!
You and Boyd should try making slime sometime...it's pretty cool and not messy at all.
The Offspring want Moon Dough. They want all that stuff sold on TV.
I hope they outgrow it. If they don't and discover the home shopping network they'll never have a penny to their name.
I am adding that book to the top of my list.
Love the photos. What a good mama you are.
I first read Same Kind Of Different As Me about 5 years ago. It truly changed my life and the way I looked at certain things. I have given so many copies out I've lost track.
Moon Dough...forget about it!!!:)
Stick with Play-doh all the way!
Don't every buy Moon Sand either...twice as bad!!!!!!
Glad your little guy is on the mend.
Enjoy the day
My parents got that for the boys to have at their house...but oh, what a mess...and it smelled soooo bad. It was returned a few days later! :)
P.S. Moon Sand is even messier.
hey, nicolle, how are you?! long time no talk - it's good to be back and I'm loving catching up with all of my bloggy pals ...
Totally agree with you @ this post - we had a brief flirtation with moon dough/moon sand a few years ago when my youngest was about 5 ... didn't take long to learn that it was an outdoor toy, holy cow is that stuff ever messy - I'm certain there's still pieces of it in my carpet 4 years later!!
Good Luck!
moon sand is bad, Aqua sand is worse!! We got it for Reia. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to the trash without her knowing it.
I remember finishing that book and telling my husband he HAD to read it. I made him and I will never forget seeing him crying on the couch finishing it. I think it is a life changing book.
He is just too adorable in that hat!! I was always a meanie and never let my girls have moon sand or floam. Luckily, nobody bought it for them either. I do let the playdough fly around here though.
OK...so now I have to get this book. The problem is I never make time to really read these days. So bad!
I was so going to do a Moon Dough post the other day but saw that you had just written this.
I hate the stuff. It's crazy messy.
I think all parents must be WARNED about the stuff. It is NOT what it seems. Camryn played with it twice and then I put it away because I'm going to throw the stuff away. It's that bad. Ha!
Darling pictures!
Post a Comment