but they are really my favorite.
boyd and i bought finger paints.
yeah, it was fun.
but,
it's a better outdoor activity,
at this age.
with a water hose,
close at hand.
they are at the top of the closet,
until the weather cools down.
after we painted a couple of pictures,
boyd kept asking,
if he could just hold the paints,
like around the house.
that would be a no, sir.
sugar free popsicles.
lots and lots of them.
i've been loving these fresh blackberries.
they are so sweet.
i love 88 cent bags of frozen cauliflower.
we had cauliflower crust pizza,
again.
yum.
we had a fun playdate at the mall.
boyd loves his friend hailey.
i made quinoa again,
and bought some more.
i don't want to run out.
it is so good.
several friends shared recipes with me,
thank you.
we are in survival mode,
from this heat wave.
the back living room looks like this,
more often than not.
sweet baby boy,
i will miss these days,
when you are grown.
i hope your day has been ordinary,
and good.
12 comments:
"if he could just hold the paints,
like around the house.
that would be a no, sir."
Now that comment made my Kool-Aid come out of my nose. Not pretty :)
Just hold them.
Ha! My kids ask to do the same thing. Funny.
Love the pic of your house with Boyd's toys all over. Made me smile. You are so right. We will miss these days!
Hope you are doing well Nicolle!
"That would be a no, sir"---cracked me up. Ordinary Days are the best. There is a great book called The Gift of an Ordinary Day. She also wrote Mitten Strings for God that is so sweet and fits more with Boyd's age. I think you'd like it!
You back living room is cleaner than most of my house right now!!!
I love finger paints but yes, outside.
Had fun today.
How many times have we said..."we are so much alike"??? I adore Kroger's frozen veggies. (Their "stir fry" and "soup" mixes are used A LOT in this home.) Can't help but smile, my friend. :)
LOVE your new header, too. Such beautiful photos and colors!
Cauliflower pizza crust??????
Do tell!!!
For the pizza crust recipe, click on the words in the post. Kris, I will also email it to you! :))
I stood in front of the quinoa at Walmart today. And I almost bought it.
I had a pretty ordinary day too. Walmart. HyVee. That was about it.
I need to find those popsicles for Dave. He has been eating a ton of them lately.
Did I ever tell you I gave your cauliflower crust recipe to my MIL? She's diabetic also. She loves it!! :o)
I love your mantel!
Ahhh anykind of painting is best outside! We sometimes set up a litle table under the tree.
I guess I just need to break down and buy some quinoa!
I'm leaving in the morning for Arizona...so I'll be missing in blogland for a bit! Catch up with you later!
hey there...have you done shaving cream with Boyd? It's an outside activity, but you could do in inside, I think, with a cookie pan. They used to do it at preschool, with paper plates (and the dollar can of shaving cream). One day I had ten kids here and I bought them each a can, and they did it on a huge piece of plastic..then we took pictures (still have them 15 years later) and hosed them off. Stay cool honey.
Ordinary days are the best!
Post a Comment