i'm without the use of my car for a few days.
my 10 year old car has to go to the shop on monday,
for overheating and other stuff.
i don't drive kevin's "monster" truck.
he keeps saying i need to learn,
and i guess i do.
anyway,
for part of the weekend,
i plan on filling our guest room with stuff,
stuff for goodwill and the food bank.
i try to make a habit of cleaning out often.
i used to do it every monday morning.
now i kind of do it when the mood strikes.
my aunt always keeps a large box in her office,
and makes a point to put stuff in it on the weekends.
once it's full she takes it to goodwill.
then she puts out a new box.
i love this.
i get such a natural high on cleaning out and decluttering.
i feel like i've done this so much over the last 3 years,
but with boyd,
it seems like we are always adding new stuff.
my friend shelley came over once and said,
you are such a minimalist.
that made my day! :)
i'm not mocking anyone,
but sometimes i really think i could be a nun,
if it wasn't for missing my family and friends.
i look at all of my stuff,
and i could seriously get rid of 99 percent of it.
i love peter walsh on tv.
have you seen him.
i always perk up when i see him on a show,
cleaning, organizing, de-cluttering.
oh just talking about it makes me happy.
{i'm so weird}.
i feel like less is more,
it works for me.
i do feel like everyone should be comfortable,
in their own home though.
we all love different things.
that's the beauty of life.
so keep it if you love it,
but don't feel like you have to.
you are not tied to any of your material possessions.
even if it's still good,
don't feel weighed down by anything.
i saw this quote recently.
i try really hard to live by this.
keep what you love,
trash what you don't.
11 comments:
I love purging too...we are always filling bags. My mom always says "if you aren't using something, then it's not fair for you to keep it, when someone else could use it." So that helps. The only trick is that my daughters love to shop in thrift stores. I am certain someday they will come home with something I donated the previous week. Heh.
I love Goodwill trips, the husband not so much. Maybe that is why I call him my partial horder? There is just something about cleaning out.
Learn to drive that beast, they can be fun!!
I love to toss out too.... EXCEPT clothes. I am a clothes hoarder. [I admit it]
Recently I went through my closet and removed THREE outdoor trashbags worth of shoes and clothes and I still have not done anything with them.
I see outfits on Pinterest and I realize that there is a piece within the dungeon'o'bags and maybe I should hang on longer>!
baby steps. ;)
I love love love decluttering. I recently did this with all my clothes...I thought, if had to get out quick, what would I take? That is all I kept. I like the idea of bring one in, take one out too.
I am afraid I am not as good at this as I should be. Good for you!
I totally agree! I have to fight it against my husband and kids though who want to keep everything. They will watch home videos and say, "Do we still have that?" I have never regretted donating anything. Ever. In fact, I have two bags here to donate, and I don't even know where to take them! I am always thinking, someone else could use this more.
I LOVE to throw stuff out!
I do it ALL the time.
In fact, when I am stressed, I will dissappear and start cleaning out closets and bedrooms, and suddenly I feel like things are better. Maybe I just like having order and structure. :)
Sorry you are stuck at home all weekend. Hope it's at least productive for you.
ps- thank you so much for your nice comment on my last post. it meant a lot. thank you. :)
Ohhh, I love driving trucks..the bigger the better. Of course, I don't have to deal with all the traffic you do either.
I'm opposite of you...I like "stuff"... it's almost embarrasing to think about how sometimes I think I need to buy something. But, I definitely have a throw it/donate it mentality. It kind of bugs my mom how easily I can get rid of things because she's a saver/keeper.
We are having a multi-household garage sale on the 8th if you want to bring your stuff and make a buck!
It is a good feeling to get rid of stuff! I'm kind of a minimalist too....not a big collector of things. Expecept for maybe stationary and notecards!
Hope your weekend at home was good...and hopefully it went quickly if you were feeling stuck! ;)
oh i knew we were friends for many reasons...this being one of them!:)
i love decluttering, cleaning and organizing!!! peter walsh is my fav (i miss that show clean sweep!!) i used to love it when he was on oprah. if i feel grouchy or grumpy all i have to do is pick up the vac. alwasy puts me in a better place. not quite the minimalist that you are but i am a firm believer in love it or junk it!!!:)
have a happy day
Post a Comment