Tuesday, October 4, 2011

god's grace is sufficient

i had some anxiety on my mind this morning.
i asked god to take it away for me.
he did.
do you pray often?
i know i don't do it enough.
i feel like i have an ongoing conversation with god,
but i don't stop and actually pray, enough.
i am going to work on that.
if you need something,
god's grace really is sufficient.
i hope you know this.


today i am making pinto beans in the crockpot.
we are waiting to hear about my car.
boyd and i have the back door open,
and he is running in and out.
the weather is beautiful.
potty training is going well.
so far.
although boyd doesn't really think so.
:)

not sure what this face is.
oh wait,
here is a smile for you.


laters.

10 comments:

Kris said...

I pray. A lot. I find myself praying a lot when I take my evening shower. Is that weird? Priceless photo of Boyd! Glad the pt is going well. It is so easy when they are ready!

Holly said...

I love the pics of Boyd...
But he would hate me! I am such a hugger-squeezer, I would kiss or pinch those chubby little cheeks right off his face!!

I'm glad potty training is getting easy!

I think the ongoing conversations you are having with God, IS praying. (to me it is, anyhow)
But I know what you mean about sitting down and pouring your everything into it.
Undivided attention.
God knows your heart...

I have no idea what's on your plate-- but I am adding you to my prayers today too!

Have a good one!

SZM said...

I pray a good bit, but I always feel like I could do more...if I can sit through an hour long show or spend a good chunk of time on the computer, I could give God more time. After all, it is by his grace that I have time!

And can you share how you do the pintos? I am not a great bean cooker, although I love them.

Nicolle said...

I will post the pintos recipe tomorrow. It's so easy, and they are so delicious.

:)

Megan said...

Love this dialogue you started here friend. I have that ongoing conversation with Him all day long, but I agree that He & I could use some serious one on one time. Every once in while, I am having a casual conversation with Him in my heart and then I remember that He is the God of the universe. What a dynamic relationship that we can be so comfortable and so in awe of Him at the same time. Praying that His peace washes over you today.

And I agree with Suzette, bean recipe please.

Jen said...

I think the ongoing conversation is the best way to pray! I would have to pray a lot about the potty training. That was such a hard time for me. Glad it is going well!

sloan said...

oh, nicolle, i'm sorry to hear you were anxiety-ridden this morning ... but so glad you found peace in His grace - and the photos of boyd?! priceless, how can you stand it?!

Nichole said...

I love the many faces of Boyd.

I'm more like you...I feel like I send many prayers/thoughts throughout the day. I try do pray every night too but sometimes I just don't do it.

I saw your bean post above. Those look really good. I don't think I've ever had beans that way before.

{cindy} said...

oh goodness, that smile!
i love it when the kids are running in and out...except when the flies sneak in too!:( not cool!

sorry for your anxiety...happens sometimes huh? no matter how hard you try to resist it...darn that worry!!! so glad you found peace.

i feel like you, talk to God a lot but don't stop to really pray nearly enough. i will try to do better too.:)
have a REALLY happy night!!!

Kerri said...

LOVE that last picture!

I too feel like I have little on going conversations with God all day long...but don't make enough time to be still and pray. I will work on this too! I'm glad He was able to lessen your worry today.

Hugs!
Kerri