Thursday, January 12, 2012

cupcakes and stuff

Boyd and I set out this morning with a list of things to do. We are out of food. Our fridge is bare. We haven't been by our favorite cupcake place in a while. We stopped in real quick. I had german chocolate, Boyd had plain chocolate.


Boyd was all over the place, so I put my camera down, and we both just enjoyed our cupcakes.

This morning Boyd ate 2 containers of mandarin oranges. That is a big thing in our house, as he doesn't really like a lot of fruit. He announced to me and Kevin that he only eats oranges on Friday, and he doesn't eat them on Tuesday. Well, thank goodness today is Friday.
:)

Kevin is still recovering, and I'm doctoring up his leg twice a day. In sickness and in health. I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though we make each other crazy, I love him so much, and only want him to get well. We are in this for the long haul. Together.

Boyd got this sweater from a friend. I think it is so cute.


This is how I feel most days.
{Oh well yes, those are Christmas lights you still see on our bushes}.


I made the mistake of only getting through half of our errands today, and then coming home for a mental break. While we were at Sam's, Boyd found something on the floor that resembled spilled cola, and he had his hands all in it {drawing pictures} before I realized. He was also using the grocery cart to try out for the gymnastics team. Oh, and he likes to sing, bow chicka wow wow, really loud, in the store. Strangers think this is extremely funny. We only did half of our list and we need a few more things, so we are off again.

Motherhood has relaxed me in many ways. You learn to deal with crisis. I've become a juggler, I suppose. It's all a big circus, and no one who knows me believes I can manage, but sometimes I do.
~Jane Seymour

19 comments:

SZM said...

Oh my, he reminds me of Kellen!

Kerri said...

Brady loves mandarin oranges too. And I buy a big box of clementines every week too...he probably averages 4 or 5 of them a day! Boyd's sweatshirt is adorable! I remember before I had Brady, a couple of times I thought to myself while grocery shopping that some moms didn't have any control of their kids! I laugh now, because God got me back GOOD! One time when Brady was sitting in the front of the cart at the grocery, he wouldn't stop kicking me...so I pinched his leg! (I know, I'm terrible!) Anyway, he screamed & cried through the entire store that I hurt him....I was so embarrassed.

Heather said...

I love that going to the cupcake shop was on your list of things to do. Yummy and very necessary!!!!

sloan said...

oh my goodness, the image of little boyd, with his sweet angelic face, singing bow chicka wow wow has me laughing out loud :)

Hattie said...

That cupcake looks yummy! My 2nd son used to sing I Want You To Want Me by Cheap trick really loud everywhere we went! So I completely understand! Ha!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Love the sweater!
I am sorry but I needed this laugh today, oh goodness I needed it. I hope things have calmed down, we had our day at Costco like that recently.

Kris said...

I have one question my friend: Where did he hear "Bow, chicka wow wow?"
Hmmm?

Nicolle said...

lol. not from us.

From the same 7 year old neighbor who told him about Juvie.

Genn said...

Oh that silly Boyd.
Bow chicka wow wow. Too funny.
Yes us moms wear many hats don't we?
I bet your hubby is one lucky guy to have a nurse like you.
Hope you got those errands completed.
enjoy your night.

Megan said...

Too funny. I think shopping breaks are necessary even with an 8 and 10 year old! We almost stopped somewhere today so I could run in and pick something up...then I thought "Nah."

The Keyes Family said...

the cupcakes look delicious. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. That sweater is adorable also. bow chicka wow wow is cute.. my kid picks her nose and eats it in public and has been caught chewing on her toenails.. ( niether habit she got from me) so i would take that cute little saying any day. HAHA.

Michele said...

The first part reminds me of our summer break. I love days filled with running errands like the cupcake shop...until my 2.5 yr old and 5 yr old have meltdowns. Boyd is such a cutie!

Karina said...

Bow chicka wow wow. I'm so sorry I am laughing at your expense but that is just too funny. Glad your hubby s doing better. Little K and I have a cupcake date with friends tomorrow...I'll be thinking of you.

Jen said...

Cracking up at the gymnastics try-out line! Funny stuff...I've so been there. Now it's just a circus in my house and the boys "try-out" for the wrestling team every day.
My errands are run while they are at school now. I need to be mindful of how peaceful it is! Have a great weekend!

Jill said...

That cupcake looks so delicious!
My youngest Kathleen loves mandarin oranges too! ;-)
Hope Kevin recovers quickly! I will keep him in my prayers. Try to rest when you can :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

Holly said...

I got a good laugh out of this post.... mainly because I sympathize with you!! (and because if you are like me, in a few days it will be funny to you too-- that's why we write it down, right?!)
Boys will be boys!!


I love his sweater!!

4 Lettre Words said...

That last shot is too adorable!

Emily grapes said...

I loved his declaration of only eating them on Fridays! Kids are hilarious to me.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the rest of your errands done soon, love that you stopped to get cupcakes together. Too cute!! :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Unknown said...

love that sweater! So cute :0 Hey...you won my giveaway - woohoo! Send me your addy and I'll get it in the mail. I really think you will like it!