Tuesday, February 14, 2012

happy valentine's day

My mom spent yesterday and last night with us. She is always amazed at Boyd, because she didn't raise boys. We laughed at him a hundred times yesterday. He certainly didn't want his picture taken.



Then I got a little smile, but with closed eyes.


I'm still dreaming of the day that Trader Joe's opens here in Fort Worth.
Should be soon.


My favorite rugrat.


I have a thing for popcorn, obviously.
My mom brought me some of this, Red Hots cinnamon candy popcorn.
Oh gosh it's good.
My sweet daddy gave me the heart shaped candy dish many years ago, and it is something I will always cherish.


Sweet Valentine's cards.
We love cards around here.


Happy Valentine's day.


We don't go all out for Valentine's Day in our family, but we love it just the same. Valentine's day doesn't mean that you only save one day a year to show someone you love them. I've never understood that argument as a reason NOT to celebrate. It's just a day that is extra special, IF you chose it to be. I try to make it meaningful, and fun, because I think it is a special day. I've been reading a lot of different opinions about Valentine's day.
I guess I'm a little moody.
If we were having coffee today, I'd share with you more of what's on my heart, because I'd rather share it in person than write about it.
I should not be so sensitive to other's opinions, but I am.
What is wrong with me.
Don't answer that.
I need to turn the computer off for a few days.

And, I'm tired, as in mentally tired b/c I have a 3 year old tired.

:)

xo.

22 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh I love a pouty face with those cute cheeks!! Brady had a coat almost just like Boyd's and how I loved it. Red hot popcorn...very interesting!
Hope you guys have a lovely day! :)

Genn said...

Oh that Boyd! I love the pouty face pictures. They always make me laugh!

Happy Valentine's day to ya'll!

Angela said...

we don't have a trader joe's here in fredericksburg, but there is one in short pump (north richmond) where we take the kids to the childrens museum we have a membership to. maybe i'll stop in next time we're down there!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day to you guys!

He is cute even when he is pouting!

Love that red popcorn in the dish, perfect!
xo

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Oh sweet Paddington bear! Boyd reminds me of him in that cute jacket.

Costco has had good flavored popcorn lately!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I loved all of your pictures today Nicolle. I can see your house is one filled with love.
Dana

Heather said...

Such cute pics of Boyd. I love the smile with his eyes closed. There is that dang green cup again. I love that thing!

Anonymous said...

I love Boyd's peacoat.

About Valentine's Day, my mom always said that about Mother's Day. Show the love everyday!

sloan said...

that very first picture brought such a smile to my face, nicolle - even frowning, he is so SO adorable! happy valentine's day to you guys :)

Kris said...

Cute...cute...Boyd!! I hope you are okay. Go take a little computer-cation. Come back refreshed. I will miss you!

Nichole said...

I agree with your thoughts on Valentine's Day. Sometimes, day-to-day, we forget to appreciate and show love to our loved ones....a little reminder never hurts :o)

I hope everything is ok. Sometimes people are dumb.

SZM said...

I wish we could have coffee for real too. Boyd flat out cracks me up. Come for a visit to Charlotte. We'll drink coffee, eat cupcakes and shop at Trader Joes.

Holly said...

I like Nicole's comment:: "Sometimes people are dumb."

It was way better than whatever I had to say! ;)

Karina said...

Oh I love your collection of cards. We do that here too. It's hard to be thick skinned and brush off people's hurtful words. Just remember that being sensitive is a positive trait ... And one if the reasons you are loved. I'll be right over and we can share a cup.

Mrs. Dunbar said...

you're so right, love day should not just be one day a year.

i didn't stress this year, just let the day unfold, what is was is what it was.

red hot popcorn. rockin!

and that boyd, what a face he's got. he makes me smile every time.

sealaura said...

Hope you had a great Vday! I made your recipe and it was soooo good! My husband had 3 bowls!


Oh and can Boyd be any cuter!

Laura said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST KID IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!
And I have four kids!!!

HOLY MOLY that picture of his face KILLS me! It is awesome.
SO.
Darn.
CUTE.

Ahhhh...love.
Yes, many opinions.
I think I am sensitive like you, too
I read things that make me cry because somehow I think I am being spoken directly to and it hurts my feelings.
I also dont like that my Trader Joes is 20 min away..in LA I could walk to it.

So see how much alike we are? We should meet for coffee...I love coffee.

get some sleep....:-)

Rachael said...

Hope you're feeling a little better. Extreme tiredness makes it hard to enjoy even the sweetest of things but your little boy looks like a total joy! He is wearing a coat very similar to one my little boy had, aged about three. Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

Boyd sure is a cutie pie. Love that jacket and the boots! I love that he is still talking about Gabe's Cars...he need to come back over and play with them again!

Craig hates Valentine's Day...he thinks it's a made up holiday by the card and flowers people. I agree with you, every day should be love day.

We need a lunch or coffee date...I need to hear what's on your heart. Whatever it is, you know I'll get it.

Hugs friend.

{And let's go to TJ on opening day, k?}

{cindy} said...

Hi sweet Nicolle!!
Seems like I popped back in on the right day! To wish you a happy love day and to tell you how special and sweet your heart is!!:)
Every body has an opinion...and we have talked about how they can get to both of us huh? Take a deep breathe and a long computer break!! It does a soul good every now and then!!:)
have a peaceful day friend

4 Lettre Words said...

Those first 2 shots are too much. He knows exactly how to use "it"! So, so adorable.

Kim said...

aaahhhhh!!! He's the cutest sock monkey AND Paddington Bear!! I adore his toggle coat.

I am all over Valentine's Day. We try to show the love every day, but when there's a "special day" to show it, we get out the pom poms and give a cheer!