Several years ago I heard about The Oasis on Lake Travis, in Austin.
I have wanted to go there for so long.
We went for dinner on our first night.
The views were breathtaking,
and the food was delicious.
If you ever visit Austin, promise me you will go there.
If you ever visit Austin, promise me you will go there.
I had a salad with pecans, chicken, fruit and mixed greens.
My mom had a chicken wrap and Boyd had a burger.
Everyone gets this wedge of orange jello salad, which is so yummy.
We loved it all.
We asked our waiter if Sandra Bullock or Matthew McConaughey had their houses here, he said they were not in this part of town.
Look at that house there on the right though.
We couldn't get over the size.
Our waiter told us that the family that owns Fiesta grocery stores owns that.
It looked like a hotel.
The Oasis used to be up there alone, as one restaurant.
Now they have expanded and have a couple of shops, a coffee house, and another restaurant.
You could spend hours there.
The decor is so pretty, there is so much to see.
I don't usually drink iced coffee, but it was so hot, so I ordered an iced dark mocha latte.
yum.
Boyd was a mess.
He was hot and tired and just wanted to take his burger back to the hotel.
Even though I'm glad for the memories of this trip with Boyd,
next time I picture myself here with a margarita,
without my darling 4 year old.
That's it for Austin.
Go visit, you will love it.
love,
nicolle

14 comments:
Oh man...I SO want to go! Look at that house on the cliff!! Nice little wicky up, eh?
Cute pics!!!!! Fun trip!! Thanks for taking us along with you!
XO Kris
Oh, I could sit on that deck all day with a drink! Your salad looks so fresh and delish! I love the pictures of Boyd and the monkeys! What a trooper he is to tag along to the sites. My son would have lasted about 30 minutes and wanted to go home!
One of my favorite places on earth!
I was so busy looking at the pictures, I forgot to read your words and had to go back! A kid free margarita on that balcony would be amazing.
That looks like something from Europe with the cliff and all those umbrellas. How beautiful! And the food looks sooooo good.
Ok, the first picture of Boyd with the monkeys is awesome! :o) His true feelings really come through on that one. ;o)
I promise I will go to The Oasis if I ever get to Austin. :o)
Can you imagine living in a house like that? Where would you ever go for a vacation that would be better than your own home?
I am bookmarking these last 2 posts! So fun!!!! And the food, especially the cupcakes...WOW!!!
I've never been! someday!! great photos! :)
Boyd is so stinkin' cute! LOVE these pics, girl. And, I sooo wanna do that wine-bottle-chandelier for my dining room. :)
Wow these pictures are just breathtaking! I could just envision myself siting there. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Hope you are having a great week!
Blessings,
Jill
I just read all three of these posts - and I think I'm adding Austin to my bucket list. So fun!
I am so glad you shared this trip with us, I loved every minute. I talked to my MIL yesterday and we might be meeting her in Austin in August (fingers crossed. It looks like my kind of place.
Your salad looks so good, I recreated it at home, this past weekend.
BTW my husband comes home tonight so my 3 weeks of exile are almost up!
WOW!! what a great ending to a great vaca recap! that place is amazing, and i agree, a margarita with your honey might be more....hmmm???...relaxing!:)
have a happy day nicolle
(i mean it this time!!):)
This looks amazing. We gotta go someday....once the kids are older. Lugging those jokers around is crazy. Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun...didn't know places like this exist in Austin.
Post a Comment