This morning we ran a couple of errands,
and now we are home.
It's a good spring cleaning kind of day,
although it's 100+ degrees out, and in the middle of July.
I'm washing sheets and sprucing up the kitchen.
Boyd is resting.
He went to bed at 5:30 pm last night,
and slept 13 hours.
He is wiped out from all of the summer fun we've been having.
I couldn't pass up this hydrangea that I saw today.
Kris, you were right,
Boyd's pumpkin seeds have already sprouted.
He is so excited.
I just made some iced tea,
and it's so good.
I'm hit or miss when it comes to making decent iced tea.
This is where this post gets super exciting.
Lettuce.
{Thank you Whitney S. for the tip}.
Costco has these baby romaine heads in a 5 pack.
They are perfect for wraps.
We had chicken salad lettuce wraps last night,
and I just had one with buffalo chicken.
Perfect, and so healthy.
Boyd is watching Handy Manny,
then he wants me to play a game of marbles with him.
I'm making Thai red curry chicken for dinner tonight, with quinoa.
What are you having?
I hope your day is good.
love,
nicolle
9 comments:
We are having caprese sandwiches!
That hydrangea is gorgeous!
I like to brew iced tea in my coffee pot. But then make says the next day the coffee tastes like passion fruit tea. Lol.
I have no dinner plans! We atemambugmlunch so maybe that will be enough. ;)
Yippee...the pumpkins sprouted!!! Just keep letting them trail out of the pot, even turning the pot on it's side eventually, and letting the vine run wild.
I usually make my tea in the sun. I buy a gallon of spring water, drop my Passion Tea Bag right on in, then put it in the sun. I add fresh slices of orange to mine. So refreshing. In fact, I am having some now. Genny and the girls and Noah and I swam for 4 hours across the street in my neighbors pool today. They are on vacay and I am watching the house and they have a cool old school slide in the pool that the kids went nuts over!!!!
Stay cool. Dinner sounds good. I am making Greg take me to Islands for dinner!!!
XO Kris
Love your hydrangea! They were our wedding flowers :o)
It was 100 here again too. It was dry heat though instead of super humid like yesterday so it felt better.
I make sun tea a lot in the summer. It's easy and one of the few times I like tea.
I love sweet tea... and hydrangeas!
If I send my kids to you for a few days, will you train them to go to sleep early? Im excited about 8:30/9 in summer. Harper JUST went to sleep. Ugh!
Beautiful flowers, my favorite! One day, my yard will be covered in magnolia trees and hydrangeas.
This is the first time I've read your blog with the music on and now I'm in tears. I've heard that song before, but what a beautiful version. Something about it hit me this time. I'm going to download it right now.
I love iced tea and make it pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Let me know if you want to know my secret. It's actually not much of a secret at all, but still. ;)
I can't believe Boyd slept that long! Tired little guy!
Beautiful Hydrangea!
YAY on the pumpkins! Keep us posted :) I have been washing sheets, comforters, curtains, etc this week and they dry SO fast with this heat. Before I can finish the next load, I can take down the last load. Crazy, but handy ;)
Looks like a fantastic day to me! LOVE that hydrangea.
Post a Comment