Wednesday, August 8, 2012

alone time and a date

Boyd spent yesterday and last night with his meemaw and great aunt,
and he had a ball.
Let me tell you,
the best and greatest gift you can give a parent is time off.
I would rather have alone time than any material possession in the world.
I could go on and on, but let me just say,
thank you Kathy and Terry, so very much. 
I will pass this onto Boyd one day when he has kids,
and if you are a mom out there that needs some time off,
bring your kids to me,
I GET IT!
We all need these breaks, they are so important.
I spent most of the day in bed, with the tv on, a magazine and coffee.
It was heavenly, and a luxury that I don't take for granted, ever.

Kevin came home from work and we had a nice dinner date last night.
We tried a new Pho noodle restaurant.
It was delicious.
These spring rolls had avocado, asparagus and cucumber in them, among other things,
and the peanut dipping sauce was to die for. 


 We came home from dinner and watched Deadliest Catch, and Storage Wars.
A perfect night, in our opinion.
I slept in today, and then when I went to pick Boyd up I wound up staying a while, 
we swam and had a really nice day.
Being away from Boyd makes him so lovey to me and I just love that. 
I felt guilty wanting the time alone, but we all need it.
Can I get an amen?!

Look at his dimpled chin.
I just can't get enough.
I love this boy.


 good night.

love,
nicolle


11 comments:

Fawn said...

Cannon calls that a butt chin. He, his bubba and his daddy have the same chin.
Cheers to alone time.

Holly said...

I love that you had that time... I was just thinking, and I don't think I have ever done that?!

If I have to send the boys away, it is because I have something planned that they can't attend...
work, wedding, adult-thing... you know.

I need to plan a day like this.
A nothing day.

Kris said...

Yes, all parents, especially the Mama's, need time off. Hooray for your Mom and Aunt to give you this gift.
Aren't you watching the Olympics?
XO Kris

Jill said...

So great that you are able to get that time, it is a wonderful way to refresh! I wish I had more opportunities for that, but I guess it will be the start of school this year. LOL We have no family nearby and the friends I have are usually working here.
Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

Kerri said...

I agree with you 100%...what a gift it is to for someone to ask to watch your child for a bit to give you some time to refresh. And Brady also looks cuter to me too after I've been away from him for awhile. :)
So glad you enjoyed your time...and even slipped in a date too! Your meal looks delicious...I've never tried spring rolls before.

Unknown said...

Heck yes you need some you time! I like my commute to and from work b/c it's my alone time.
XO

Nichole said...

I'm glad you got to have some time for yourself! Dave and I would consider that a perfect night too :o)

Cute picture of Boyd...I can't believe how much he's grown!

Genn said...

Glad you enjoyed some ME time girl!!! Heck yes we need it. I would love for my kids to sleepover somewhere soooon. I hate that after a week of vacation I feel like I haven't even had a conversation with my husband because we were always going and doing with and for the kids! It's so much work.

Your dinner sounded SO yummy!

4 Lettre Words said...

Ha ha! We LOVE those shows...of course. :)

What a yummy date-night-dinner. So glad you had a nice day, girl!

{cindy} said...

alone time...ahh...just the sound of those words makes me relax!!:) you are so lucky to have family so close by. we are finally trading off some date nights with our friends. it was heaven! funny the difference a silly little two hours can make huh?!?:)
have a happy day nicolle

sealaura said...

Every time you show spring rolls I want to cry, because I want some SO BAD!! They look so good, and that peanut sauce, I could bathe in for hours, SO GOOD!

Glad you had time with your hubby. I think it's awesome that you guys still make time for each other because I bet it is hard to not have sweet Boyd on your mind. I bet even Boyd needs a break from his mom and dad and that is how he is learning to appreciate you even more. I mean a mama that takes you on so many fun outings can't be that bad!!

xo
L