Sunday, September 30, 2012

thankful on a sunday

We've had a nice weekend, 
it's been cool and rainy,
and I'm thankful for the pot roast that is cooking right now,
in my kitchen.
Thankful for Kevin's mom, who taught me to use the electric skillet for pot roast,
because it's the best way to cook it, in my opinion.
I'm thankful each and every day,
for this little boy.
He makes us laugh like we've never laughed before,
and I'm thankful for that.


He insisted on wearing 2 shirts, just like his daddy does.
The rain boots, just a bonus.



Thankful that In N Out came to Texas.


 Thankful for family that has kept Boyd this weekend, 
{my mom and Kevin's aunt Terry},
so that we could go to a wedding,
and then an Oktoberfest party.

{home brewed beer, bratwurst, apple streusel}

I hope your week was a good one.

Be thankful for the bad things that happen in life,
for they open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before.
~unknown

love,
nicolle

11 comments:

Nichole said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Love seeing the picture of you and Kevin together. :o)

I'm thankful today that the Vikings are winning because a.) well, they're my team and I'm glad to see them doing well and b.) my husband is so much less whiney when they are winning! ;o)

Enjoy your roast tonight! That sounds really good!

SZM said...

That quote is about to go on my chalkboard.

Eric and Jenny said...

That is the cutest thing that he wanted to wear two shirts just like his daddy. I love that!

Oh a pot roast, one of my favorite Sunday meals, I can smell it from here. And really an electric skillet I never would have thought of that! Hope the rest of your evening is wonderful!

Bonnie said...

So much to smile about in this post! And you know me-- I would like to know your pot roast recipe :)

Kerri said...

Boyd must know that layering is all the rage. :) Too bad we all don't look as cute as he does!
My mom always did her roast in an electric skillet...but I've never had one. That first picture makes me want to make one and throw all that stuff in with it. Never put cabbage in there before? I bet its awesome!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

You looked beautiful as always!

I've done two roast chickens this week. Just like roast, all the veggies but a whole chicken. No rhyme or reason, I just had two birds in the freezer. Turned out perfect!

We miss you all! I need a cupcake, food truck, Panera Coffee sans kids or a good muddy play date. ::)

Kris said...

All good stuff!!!!
XO Kris

sealaura said...

Hi Nicolle!

That quote was definitely up my alley and such a great reminder. I had a dream I was back in Monterey, CA and I was so happy. Today I went to the allergist, don't know if I told you but I have had severe allergic reactions to God knows what. Anyway, this quote hit home with me today.

Love that you and your hubs got out and that picture of you two is frameworthy!

Boyd never fails to be a darling with the 2 shirt thing, I love when kids do that! so cute wanting to be like his daddy.

My husband is in Prague this week so I am on cooking vacation but I want to make a special meal when he gets back since he scheduled it so he could be here for my birthday. I'm thinking I want to hit up the local German restaurant and have some good old brats and beer YAY.

October is my favorite month! So glad it's here and later today I am going to treat myself to my first pumpkin spice latte. :)

Holly said...

What a happy, grateful post!!

and you are beautiful! (love the pic!)

Genn said...

I'm glad you had a fun kid free weekend too my friend!!!

Love the picture of you and Kevin. You look happy.

Hope you have a great day today. :)

{cindy} said...

sweetness all around!
and i agree...frame worthy for sure!:)
have a happy night nicolle