Today I have not been able to get my act together.
You know those days.
I just feel really tired and out of it.
I go and go, I think and overthink things, and then I crash. Today I crashed.
We ran out for cupcakes, thinking that would solve all of our problems. Close, but not quite.
I realized I was out of epsom salts, so I bought some.
I'm hoping something works to give me a little more energy, for the rest of the day.
Boyd had a smores cupcake.
I had snickerdoodle. I love how they put a thin snickerdoodle cookie on top.
My spunky, funny baby boy.
I got a sweet smile when we left.
Although I am wiped out, I feel extra thankful for a few things today.
thankful for:
1. gas for $2.84 a gallon.
2. seat warmers in my car {totally unnecessary, but i love them}.
3. the nativity.
4. epsom salt baths. couldn't live without them.
5. the weekend.
Boyd and I both had to go to the restroom on the way home, and I kept telling him, just hold it, just hold it. When we pulled into the garage, I unbuckled him and he jumped out, running and yelling, POTTY EMERGENCY.
Boyd and I both had to go to the restroom on the way home, and I kept telling him, just hold it, just hold it. When we pulled into the garage, I unbuckled him and he jumped out, running and yelling, POTTY EMERGENCY.
Now I'm going to put Boyd in front of the tv to watch Frosty Returns, and I'm going to drink my gatorade and use my epsom salts. I'm glad that he's at the age where I can sneak in a soak in the tub, when I need it. My to do list for the day is going to be ignored, and some really delicious dinner I thought I was going to make, will have to wait. Some days I feel like I can conquer anything that comes my way. Today, not really. Nothing is wrong, this mama is just tired! I'm thankful for this quote that my precious friend Suzette sent me.
I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection.
love,
nicolle






12 comments:
boy do I miss TX gas prices!! So happy you loved the quote!
Love that quote and it's so nice to yourself the day off sometimes!!
Hoping you are feeling better and getting some rest. Wow are you lucky to have such low gas prices! Enjoy! Lol
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Jill
Sometimes we all just need a "I don't feel like doing anything" day. And actually follow through with it! Enjoy your weekend!
Days like that can be so frustrating. Hope you were able to relax and regroup today.
Man, and here I was feeling good about our $3.29 gas price. :o)
Boyd is so cute!
I love that quote!
I know just what you mean Fridays are like that a lot for me. It's the only day of the week I never have to be anywhere besides getting kids to school. Monday through Thursday I go go go, so when Friday comes I tend to crash a little. I hope your gatorade and salts help a little and you have lots of energy to enjoy a great weekend. Have a good one!
He is so cute...and I hope y'all are already enjoying the beautiful weekend!
P.S. I sooooo love my seat warmers, too...and get this...I have cooled seats for the summer. 100% frivolous, but I sure am thankful for them in July. :)
Hope you are well rested now. I love your cup cake Fridays....and a cookie on top...amazing!
Such cute shots of Boyd...he is a character! I'd like one of those snickerdoodle cupcakes (with the bonus cookie!) for breakfast!
gas is 3.25 down here but better than Cali when we were paying 5 bucks. I know what you mean about those days. It's hard to get pumped up sometimes. I miss living in a hotel ha ha so it's back to reality here. Been doing laundry and today I have a quick shift at AT. I probably won't get as much done as I would have hoped today but of well.
i keep forgetting how much you love epsom salt baths...??? maybe i should try one.:)
hope you got your mojo back.
a mama down and out is tough...after the last few days i can relate!:
Post a Comment