Tuesday, November 13, 2012

tuesday

I was looking up coffee shops in our area recently, and came across this one,
Avoca Coffee, down in the arts district/older part of town.
I'm a fan of the not so well known coffee shops. This one was so cool, and full of people.
I meant to take my sis here last time she was in town, but I forgot, so we will be going back.
It's the neatest place. They roast their own fresh coffee beans {you can watch through a glass wall}, and when you get out of your car, you are hit with the best aroma ever. The coffee shop is in an old auto repair shop. I just loved it. I had a dark mocha latte, and it was so good.





I left the coffee shop, and headed to try my first falafel. I've been wanting to try this for so long now. I had the impression that falafel would taste like a hush puppy. Don't ask me why. I was so wrong, but it was so delicious. 


And just because I could, I bought some hummus too. It was beautiful. Can I say that and not sound totally weird? .....because it was the prettiest hummus ever, and so fresh and tasty.


I'm extra thankful for days like today, where I have time to be alone, try something new, and re-charge my battery. I thrive on alone time. I'm usually a homebody, but I think life is about taking that adventure, so even if it's a small one, I'm going to take it. Plus, I really like to explore this city that has my heart. Today was so good. My battery was re-charged.

 I picked Boyd up from school, and I'm always so happy to see him after those 5 hours. Bless his heart he is such a mess {aren't we all}, and we just love him so much. He brings us so much joy. The funny things he says and does have me and Kevin looking at each other and laughing every single day. Thank you Jesus for such a sweet child.



..............

thankful for:

1. kindness and smiles from strangers.
2. sipping chocolate.


3. Jesus, learning more about his love for me, and feeling the changes in my heart.
4. beanies on little boys.


5. the smell of fresh roasted coffee beans.

..............

have a good afternoon.

love,
nicolle

10 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

I love the coffee shop garage door. It reminds me of the bright yellow one in Grepvine that I love so much. Sounds like a wonderful day.

At 6:45 I told my kids it was 8, it was either break down momma or I needed to breathe and recharge. :)

Love boys in beanies too, cutest ever.

Megan said...

What a fantastic day! That hummus looks beautiful. I love that you try new things and places when you have alone time. I know what you mean about it recharging your battery. And I echo your thankful...I love that God gave you such a sweet boy!

{cindy} said...

i am hoping that once aubrey is in school (please don't let that come too soon!!!!)my adventurist spirit will take over again and i will branch out a bit!!:) and you are not weird at all...that hummus was quite beautiful.
i love the feeling when we see them after a long school day. looking at them with new eyes in a way. wish i could bottle that up and pull it out when i REALLY need it!!:)
even though i don't drink coffee, i LOVE the smell of it. always reminds me instantly of my dear sweet grandma.
have a happy day nicolle

Holly said...

You need to frame that smiling pic of Boyd in the beanie... but I think you would have to open a gallery to frame all of those that I tell you to! :)

I had an emotional breakdown of a day yesterday (its in the blog)... but I decided to let myself cry and cry until my eyelids looked like shrimp and let every fear and worry out... and then I gave it to God. So in a sense, I think I recharged my batteries too. (just in a completely different and not quite as fun way!)

Jess @ Wrangling Chaos said...

What is sipping chocolate? I feel like it's something I need to know more about. Is it hot? cold? A fancy way to say 'hot chocolate'? I need to know.

Also. Boyd? Dude. When'd he get so old? I'm been following you for SOOO long, and I really think he was a tiny man last week,

4 Lettre Words said...

Goodness...that 2nd shot of Boyd is too much. Adorable!

Seeing those lovely food shots really makes me want a shawarma/gyro. :) We have the best place here owned by a sweet little Israeli couple. "Real" hummus is amazing, isn't it?

Genn said...

I love and need alone time too. I'm always baffled by those who don't seem to need it.
I need that and routine to stay sane.

Genn said...

I wasn't done! Oops...

I almost bought that sipping hot chocolate today. How is it?


And I bet grandma Boyd loved her visit with you!

Genn said...

I love and need alone time too. I'm always baffled by those who don't seem to need it.
I need that and routine to stay sane.

SZM said...

Catching up. This post is beautiful.