Tuesday, February 19, 2013

beautiful days

The last couple of days have been beautiful here in north Texas.
We've spent a lot of time playing outside.


Boyd learned about flags today in school. 
He couldn't tell me much about them, just that they sang a song.
I know he's learning, he just never wants to tell me.
I came home to find this surprise in the mail.
{thank you Cindy}.
I can't wait to frame it and hang it up. 
This will make me smile every time I see it.
I love it to pieces already.


Other things going on...
Boyd carries around the Valentine's card that he got from his daddy, he has even slept with it.
That makes my heart happy. 

I bought Boyd his first pair of tie sneakers today. Actually 2 pair. We are designating one for play only, because he is rough on shoes, and pants, right now.


As much as I love it, I haven't cooked a lot lately. About a week ago we decided to start eating sandwiches at night, for a while, and I can't tell you how freeing that has been. We haven't been that hungry at night anyway. Kevin gets home from work, we eat, we talk for a while, then he goes out and has his cigar. I like our simple routine for now, I look forward to it. It works with his long work hours. I live for the simple.

I started a bible study with one of my best friends, and I already feel so encouraged by it. 
Beth Moore, Breaking Free.
I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do it at first, but God works in mysterious ways, and I'm already learning things about myself, and things in the bible that I didn't know about.
I need to be challenged, and I need to learn more about Jesus, and his word.
Going to church is wonderful, but there is so much I don't know, after 39 years.

I was listening to the radio today and this song came on that I love.
{song, here}.
All I know is I'm not home yet, this is not where I belong. Take this world and give me Jesus, this is not where I belong.
Don't get me wrong, I want to suck the life out of my time here on earth {it is such a gift}, and I hope to live to be 100, but I also know where our real home is, and that is so comforting to me. I hope you know and trust that too. It's especially comforting when life is hard, and it's hard each day, in big or small ways. I don't know everything, but I do know that heaven is real, salvation is free, and Jesus wants us all to have it.

There is a little bit of what's on my heart, and some things that I want to remember about this precious life.
I'm glad you stopped by today.

love,
nicolle

10 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Great post!
I love Beth Moore and Joyce Meyer is another good one.

Boyd's tiny feet are too cute. Big boy shoes! We too are rough on shoes, Harper especially (maybe the clumsiness!).

Kris said...

Oh shoot, I just typed you a nice long message and it went...POOF...gone!!!
Love this post. Missed the previous one and loved that too.
Glad things are going well. Enjoy that nice weather!!
xo Kris

Sarah said...

Love this post! That's adorable about Boyd and his Valentine. I hear ya on the boys being rough on shoes and pants. Sigh. And simple evenings! I made a plan for this weekend to really prepare for the week ahead so our evenings are less chaotic with dinners. And my husband loves his cigars too. :-) Except in WI he's in the garage with a heater and exhaust fan and Directv. Sounds like our guys could hang out while you and I shared some coconut coffee!

Genn said...

I always love stopping by your blog and reading what's on your mind.
Great idea buying the two pairs of shoes and designating one for play. My girls are so hard on shoes too. Especially Claire!
Good for you not stressing about dinner right now.
Sometimes it just works out and sometimes time doesn't allow and sandwhiches are better! Love your outlook on things as always my friend.
Enjoy your day!

rotner ramblings said...

love your surprise mail! yippee.

dinner shminner. i'm in a cooking rut, too. can't we have chips and salsa every night?

Megan said...

I am so happy to hear that you are doing 'Breaking Free'. I did it many years ago and just loved it. Beth Moore is addicting...you will learn so much from her.

Your easy dinners do sound liberating. Give me the simple life! I love that song too and the knowledge that you are my sister in Christ is such a beautiful thing.

Beautiful.

Nichole said...

The Be Kind piece is so pretty...I love the colors!

Awww...Boyd and his valentine is such a sweet story. :o)

{cindy} said...

i am a bit jealous of your weather i must say...! it's 25 and gray out with snow/ice on the way.:(
did i mention i am ready for spring?:)

love boyd and his shoes. that is such a great memory filled shot. riley is a bit obsessed over her shoes...she cleans them with wipes when they are the least bit dirty! must be a girl thing:)

love the valentine story. that has got to make kevin feel good too.

our dinners have been pathetic since everyone got sick. can't remember the last time we all sat down at the table to eat. we are usually feeding the sick ones on the sofa and eating ours as we clean up the kitchen. ugh!:( but i am ALL for easy. dave loves to cook so much, but somtimes i just want to say make it easy baby please!!!:)

glad you have found a bible study you love. i did one years ago, and i miss that time of learning with other moms. and i LOVE that song too.

have a happy day nicolle

PS
glad you love the print:)))

4 Lettre Words said...

Sometimes we have PB&J for dinner (or cereal) and it is sooo nice, plus we really like it for a change! Good for you!

LOVE that mail you got. So, so pretty.

Kerri said...

Oh my gosh...I love your print!! It's so pretty and FUN...and so YOU!!