Thursday, March 14, 2013

rambling thoughts

i didn't really give spring break much thought, but then it caught up to us quickly,
our calendar filled up with seeing best friends that we don't see often, lunch dates, lots of time outside, bike rides and park time, and just good stuff in general.
our week filled up with so much good stuff, we had to say no to a few things, which bummed us out.

the weather has been perfect, and the treats have been yummy.
 

i had a routine skin check at the dermatologist the other day, and when they asked about family health history at the start of the appointment, and i gave that info, i started crying. i was so embarrassed. i've never done that before when giving that information. then i called my mom yesterday and told her about it and really cried. strange how all these years later, telling a stranger something about my dad brings those raw emotions. 
and, the doctor took off 2 spots for a biopsy, but i'm not that anxious about them, just praying all is well. 
i'm happy i got that appointment checked off my list. 

 good coffee makes me happy,
although i've cut way back.
{i took your advice marion}.


sneaking away to the front porch, even for 2 minutes in the morning, makes me happy.


 then last night I found out that a high school classmate passed away, and the fact that he was alone for a few days makes my heart hurt for his close friends and family. things like that are always sobering, but they also make me want to live life even better, make each day count even more, and makes me want to make sure that everyone i know knows about jesus.

tractor supply store,
boyd thinks it's a toy store.



and this place,
on spring break,
crazy, but boyd had a ball.


can he look any older?
don't answer that.

 lots of good this week,
which always outweighs the bad.
thank you Jesus for all of the good.

love,
nicolle

10 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

HUGs and prayers!!!

HG loves the baby chicks at tractor Supply and always throws a fit.

Staci said...

Are you going to the funeral? I am going to try, but I'm not sure if I can make it. I've had pneumonia and I'm behind on everything but I'm going to try.

Kris said...

Your baby is growing up... that is for sure! I am so sorry about your friend's passing. Very sad.
I have been so busy in the yard, and am missing lots of good posts.
I totally get where you are coming from when you said you cried at the Dr. office. I have done the same thing.
Praying your skin biopsies are just fine!
XO Kris

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, how we love CEC. :) Our spring break isn't until the second week of April. I can't wait to sleep until 7AM every day. LOL

Praying for good results from your check-up.. XO! Have a great weekend!

angie on maui said...

I'm praying that all goes well with the biopsy results; those routine checkups are a blessing!

I don't visit here as often as I'd like, but when I do, I sure do love how peaceful it is around here. I know I have mentioned this to you before; you have such a calm and loving presence about you.

Love you!

Shelley said...

Boyd is so cute.

The Frank Buck Zoo (and the park outside of it) was awesome! As we were leaving and talking about how we couldn't wait to come back this summer with you and Boyd, a little girl who overheard us said, "My little brother's name is Boyd."

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I have a hard time facing some realities (like that and things I see on the news) without losing it. I know God made women with caring hearts and free-flowing emotions for a reason. But sometimes it's hard to deal with.

I'm praying for your biopsies.

Shelley said...

Boyd is so cute.

The Frank Buck Zoo (and the park outside of it) was awesome! As we were leaving and talking about how we couldn't wait to come back this summer with you and Boyd, a little girl who overheard us said, "My little brother's name is Boyd."

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I have a hard time facing some realities (like that and things I see on the news) without losing it. I know God made women with caring hearts and free-flowing emotions for a reason. But sometimes it's hard to deal with.

I'm praying for your biopsies.

Nichole said...

Sending prayers that your biopsies come back clean.

Sorry to hear about your classmate too. Things like that always make me look at how I'm living my life and think about what I could be doing better.

Glad you had lots of good things happen this week too!

Have a great weekend!!

Kerri said...

I will be praying all is well with your biopsies. I'm glad you go regularly to have that checked. I used to go once a year...(because I get a new freckle/mole everyday!) but once Brady came along...I haven't been so good about that.
I'm sorry to hear about your classmate. It always stops us right in our tracks, doesn't it? I know how you feel. We have had a number of passings in the last 6 months and it makes me want to hold on so tight to those I love...it also gives me a little anxiety. I love that you want everyone to know Jesus...and know that we will see our loved ones again someday.
Hope you guys have a good weekend!

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Thinking about you :)