Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Boyd was baptized with the name of St. Patrick when he was 7 months old,
so today is extra dear to my heart for that reason.
We had massages at home today, from our favorite masseuse, and we got to share that with a few others that we love. It's a luxury that we enjoy once a year or so.
We had snacks, we played outside, we laughed and talked a lot.
Boyd and I rode down to the park this evening, but the second we hopped off our bikes, he had to pee, and on the way home he fell and scraped his knee, so that didn't really go as planned.
But life rarely goes as planned.
Yesterday I joined some friends and high school classmates to say goodbye to another classmate, Shain. The service was beautiful, there were laughs and many tears. It warmed my heart to see so many old friends.
My dear friend Jodi told me something right before the service started, and I got that giggle that you can't contain and it was the most inappropriate moment for me to be laughing and I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to stop myself, but I got it together. Thank goodness.
{but i still think laughter is good, even at a funeral}.
I have told this story to some already, but it's on my heart to share one more time.
My dear friend Jodi told me something right before the service started, and I got that giggle that you can't contain and it was the most inappropriate moment for me to be laughing and I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to stop myself, but I got it together. Thank goodness.
{but i still think laughter is good, even at a funeral}.
I have told this story to some already, but it's on my heart to share one more time.
God's timing is so perfect. Shain was baptized this past Christmas, at his friend's outdoor swimming pool in the freezing cold. I could cry just thinking about it. I had so much hope knowing that he accepted Jesus. I keep thinking about how we are all so imperfect. Jesus didn't come to save the perfect people. He came for all of us who are messed up and who are big time sinners. He died on the cross to wipe away every sin. If we confess his name and believe that he is the son of God, and our savior, we can have the promise of eternal life. There will be no better promise in our lifetime, than his promise.
I want everyone I know to know this.
I want everyone I know to know this.
Of course I cried yesterday, especially during Amazing Grace, but my heart was full of hope.
If you declare with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe, and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
You might have noticed, Boyd's newest bike is now red. His green one lasted a week and a half and we discovered a defect, and there were no more green ones to be found. He loves this one too though.
i was out of tahini, that i needed to make hummus with.
i am frugal, and didn't want to pay big bucks for another jar.
so i made my own, for a fraction of the cost.
i was so excited.
about 1/2 cup of roasted/unsalted sunflower seeds, and a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil,
in food processor, until creamy.
you might need to add a bit more oil as you go, it should be thick but pourable.
cover, and store in fridge.
so easy.
how was your weekend?
love,
i was out of tahini, that i needed to make hummus with.
i am frugal, and didn't want to pay big bucks for another jar.
so i made my own, for a fraction of the cost.
i was so excited.
about 1/2 cup of roasted/unsalted sunflower seeds, and a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil,
in food processor, until creamy.
you might need to add a bit more oil as you go, it should be thick but pourable.
cover, and store in fridge.
so easy.
how was your weekend?
love,
nicolle


11 comments:
That last part brings tears to my eyes, but it is so true. We had a similar story with our church this year, as a 87-year old grandmother accepted Christ only 2 weeks before she went to live with Him.
Your shamrock plant is so pretty. My mom has a purple one that's been around for at least 20 years. :) XO!
Beautiful post Nicolle.
I think it makes this difficult time much easier knowing your friend will live for eternity with our heavenly father. I always love services that are more a celebration of someone's life.
Are those leaves that Boyd is riding his bike through? You guys have leaves on the ground right now? I'm confused!
Love this post!
You loOk beautiful with your hair down.
God's timing is always perfect even if we don't understand at the time.
I have been so behind. I did know, via IG that you had lost your dear friend. And how happy you were that he had recently been baptized. That is a comfort!
I missed your yarn bombing post! I saw your IG's though. Oh my gosh, I have been telling my knitting group that I think we should do a yarn bombing!!!! I love it. Was this all in a concentrated area?
Hugs to you my friend.
XO Kris
Hello there.
I'm just tuning back into reality after checking out from all social media sources over the weekend. I needed a break.
I am so sorry about the loss of your classmate Nicolle. That is so sad. I have lost more classmates than I care to count by this point and it really is sad isn't it.
You look beautiful in that picture with your hair down. Just gorgeous.
Glad you enjoyed those massages! I haven't had a good one since my horrible experience several months back. I need one of those. Hopefully soon.
Hugs to you today. xo :)
Beautiful post. I'm sorry about your friend but so cool that he accepted Christ first! I love knowing we will see our loved ones again :) Hope you have a wonderful week!
So sad about your classmate but so cool that he was recently baptized.
I've never had tahini or hummus. I'm afraid of hummus even though I do like chickpeas. I have weird food quirks. :o)
You look a-mazing!
This post was so beautiful in so many ways!!
From the shamrock plant to your story of your friend's salvation!
Loved it all!!!
Glad you enjoyed your massages... you certainly deserved them!
What a fantastic post Nicolle! Sorry to hear about your friend but how great that he accepted Christ!
hi, its me again :)
I did see that you made your own tahini! Can't believe I forgot to comment on that. Way to go! What a savings I bet when you make that and your own hummus. I should try tahini. Never made my own, but I've made hummus before and just haven't included the tahini. Maybe I should! ;)
Post a Comment