good morning.
i told boyd that i was baking carrots this morning, and he said, oh and are you going to put icing on them?
{as in, carrot cake}.
i laughed, but then i felt embarrassed that he was thinking of them only as a dessert.
i told him no, these are healthy carrots.
and he ate some, which made me really happy.
as in, happy dance happy.
i have not been the best mom about getting boyd to eat vegetables. he drinks vegetable juice and takes his vitamins, but this is just something where i have not done my job. so for him to eat these and like them, i was thrilled. and they do taste like fries, and i'm ok with that. tricks like that work for me when it comes to picky eaters. i loved them too. and i think you will.
in a mixing bowl place baby carrots, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and a dash or two of paprika,
and stir to coat evenly.
pour onto a piece of parchment paper that is lining a large glass baking dish, in a single layer.
bake in the middle of the oven at 450 for an hour, tossing every 15 minutes or so.
serve with ketchup.
{we love the no high fructose corn syrup ketchup}.
delicious.
love,
nicolle
11 comments:
Wowie, those look delicious!!
I'm with Boyd though, I think I like my carrots best in cake!!
xo Kris
Yum! I would love those. :) We baked real fries today. :(
Boyd is super healthy, no worries!
I just ordered a carrot cake for a baby shower.
We will HAVE to try this. Like this weekend try these. :-)
I love baked sweet potatoes, so this only makes sense that I would love these! Why did I never think of it??!!
Thanks for your email dear friend, I fully understand how silly computers can be at times so don't feel guilty at all. You're one of the sweetest persons I have ever known in my life:) As regards to carrots, Matthew likes them especially raw. I will surely try your receipe, it looks so yummy.
Oh boy, we must try these carrots...minus the ketchup though! Just not sure about that one! :)
What a great idea! I bet my kids would just love these. I'm for sure going to have to try and make these.
The ketchup just makes them more like fries...
These sound delicious! Always looking for different ways to make veggies more exciting, lol. Thanks for sharing.
oh these look yummy!!anything to get them to eat more veggies!!
boyd's comment cracked me up! that's soooo Aubrey! names all her favorite veggies but she's never eaten one of them!! I think she has eating them confused with picking them off the produce shelves with daddy!!:)
have a happy day nicolle
I am going to make these... and keep going backwards because apparently I have missed half of your life.
( so my apologies for all 700 comments!)
Post a Comment