Monday, June 17, 2013

{skinny} mocha frappe

what do you do when you drive 30 minutes in the pouring rain,
to meet your friends for the movie, 
only to pull in the parking lot and have your sweetest child throw up all over the back seat.
you sulk for just a minute, 
drive back home in the rain, clean up your baby, dry his tears, clean your car, and make a mocha frappe.
because you can, and because it makes you happy.
{and because it's cheaper than buying one every day}.


i've made them before, but i changed up the recipe a little this time. 

3/4 cup brewed coffee, cooled in freezer
1/2 cup of half n half 
1 1/2 cups of crushed ice
1 packet of splenda
2 T of sugar free chocolate syrup

mix well in blender.

total of 187 calories. you can obviously save calories by using something besides half n half, but i can't give it up. it's my one weakness. still beats the 450 or so calories in a regular mocha frappe.
enjoy.

love,
nicolle

10 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

I am impressed you tempted the drive this morning, we drove 1709 around 9:50 and it was a puddle still.

I'm so sorry about Boyd and yor car!!! What a bummer. :( hope he isn't sick.

Holly said...

Car vomit is the worst!! Because A. its in you car-- and its 110 outside... and I don't have to go further. You get it. And B. there's no point in cleaning them right when it happens-- because they have to go right back into the nasty car seat and then you just clean it all again.

Sorry about your morning. :(

I will have to try this coffee... It looks amazing! (but to be honest, i will probably replace splenda with vanilla syrup and sugar free with sugar filled!!)

But it will still be cheaper and we will call that a win!

Thanks for posting it!

Nichole said...

Ugh that stinks for both of you. I hope Boyd's feeling ok and your day has gone up from there!

Genn said...

Oh no, what a crummy morning!
I'm sorry!!!
Car vomit is the worst! Although, I don't really think there is a good kind of vomit. Both girls have had major pukes in my car and both times I have almost lost it myself. So not fun!

That coffee sure looks good though! I love making my own mocha frapp. So much better than paying $5 for one!

I hope Boyd is feeling better and his bug is short lived!

{cindy} said...

oh goodness nicolle...:( so sorry!!
we are about to head out on our trip with a very car sick prone now four year old and I am way dreading that part! at least it's a rental right!!:) haha
that recipe looks super easy! I might have to give making my own a a try! especially since I shot my "one a week" plan this week with all the stress from packing!:) and is that how many calories...ugh!!!:)
have a happy day nicolle

Gabe said...

Ugh!!! Throw up in the car....been there done that a.lot.

Not fun!

Good perspective though!

4 Lettre Words said...

Way to make lemonade out of lemons, my friend! :)

Unknown said...

Poor Boyd. I'm sorry :( Your recipe sounds good, minus the coffee. lol.

Ross said...

Oh no really! What an amazing attitude you had in all of that. I know what it's like because I've been in the same boat. I can only imagine what you were feeling at the time but you handled it so very well my friend!

Megan said...

Aw boy, nothing like puke in the backseat. Poor baby and poor mama. Hope he is already feeling better.

I have never made one of these, but now I'm going to have to try.