Sunday, August 4, 2013

cupcakes and swimming {and the ER}

cupcakes on thursday this week.
cherry limeade.
we loved them. maybe one of my most favorite cupcakes to date.




then we had lunch. i discovered a hole in the wall greek cafe near us, and i had a falafel sandwich. i can't wait to go back with kevin. we went to the used bookstore and found a bible for boyd, and a ninjago comic book, of course.
friday we headed to the waterpark with friends. it was a good time, and the kids had a ball.


{and then i got heat exhaustion and wound up in the ER friday evening, and i've been recovering all weekend, and i'm exhausted just thinking about it, so i'll leave it at that}.

ice cream is about all i can handle right now, so i'm eating it, guilt free.


 hope you are having a good weekend.


love,
nicolle

14 comments:

Nichole said...

I hope you were able to get lots of rest in this weekend and that today was better.

Unknown said...

OH no! I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling 100% tomorrow!

angie on maui said...

(((Hugs))) hope you're feeling better, friend! xo

Gabe said...

What a great reason/excuse to eat ice cream!

Glad you've been taking it easy!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Hope you are feeling better! Let me know if you need anything at all, we are back in town.

4 Lettre Words said...

Hope you are feeling much better now, Mama! Does look like y'all had a good time, tho. :)

Megan said...

Hope you got lots of rest and relaxation friend. Take it easy and stay inside!

Holly said...

I have been thinking about you a lot... I hope you are doing better by this point, and if you're not-- I hope you have gone back to your doctor to let him/her know.

Eat more ice-cream... It can only help!

Marion said...

I hope you are feeling better my dear, and that you will recover as soon as possible.
In Malta right now we're having a heat wave... I hate Summer with all my heart, it makes me restless and exhausted. I'm a Winter person :) Thanks for your lovely blog Nicolle!

Kerri said...

Glad you are taking it easy. I hope you are feeling much better by now...and that the ice cream is helping! :)

Kris said...

I hope you are feeling much better by now! What a scare!!!
That cupcake made my mouth water!!!!!
xo Kris

Sarah said...

Oh feel better! I wish I could give you a hug or lend a hand.

Genn said...

I sure hope today was a good day for you my friend!!

That cupcake sounded so yummy. Reminded me of a slushy I just made for the girls and I. A friend told me about it : 1 can frozen lemonade from TJ's and 1 bag of TJ's organic frozen mixed berries, dump in blender with a little water (I used about half the lemonade can), blend and sip! Really refreshing. :)

{cindy} said...

what's up with us and the ER!?!?:)
I hope you are on the mend. that was scary I bet! I have never gotten heat exhaustion, but my mom has several time and its scary!!!
and was that mint choc. chip?!?!?!:)
have a happy day nicolle