Wednesday, January 8, 2014

good things

good things this past week...
friends
cupcakes
{a lemon cheesecake cupcake for me}
back to school
grandmas
a dinner date
spiky hair
sunset watching
a fox sighting, that boyd asked if we could bring home for a pet
jesus calling
coffee at brewed
grits and tacos with my mama
a new homeless friend
a new recipe
a warm fireplace
lots of snuggles







balsamic vinegar brussels sprouts.
i used a 10 oz bag of fresh, shaved brussels from trader joe's. 
heat oil in pan and saute' brussels until slightly browned, 
add salt and pepper, and 1/4 c balsamic vinegar.
cook until just slightly tender, but still pretty firm.
i loved these, a lot. 



love,
nicolle


7 comments:

Nichole said...

Good things indeed.

Boyd looks like such a big kid in the picture with the red hoodie, and like such a little guy in the sunset picture. Best of both worlds. :o)

Kris said...

Good stuff!!!
All good stuff!!
xo KRIS

Sarah said...

I just love Boyd's eyebrows (forehead all wrinkled up) in his spikey hair picture when he's looking up at you. Those pics are the best! Dying for those brussels sprouts. Mmmmm!

Jen said...

Hi. I've never had Brussels sprouts...what do they taste like?. Cabbage or collards or...?

Nicolle said...

Hey Jen! I would say more like cabbage than anything, but they have a really strong flavor, in my opinion. I love them raw, chopped, as a salad. I also love them chopped, cooked, and with a little bit of bacon. This recipe though is my favorite. I think people either love them or they hate them. You should try them out! Trader Joe's has them fresh and chopped, which is my favorite way to buy them. xo

Holly said...

I should have read this yesterday-- you are always such a positive light!

I am going to try those brussel sprouts! I have only eaten them once in some type of heavy cream, but they were good!

4 Lettre Words said...

Yep...that's a whole bunch of good right there!