we stayed in corpus christi the first night.
our drive was a little long because of a couple of wrong turns.
boyd did really well in the car though!
then we got on the ferry and rode it over to the island the next morning.
we stayed in port aransas on mustang island.
i love it there, so so much!
me and boyd.
we had not even changed into beach clothes yet.
we wanted to stop and say hello to the ocean first.
then we went and found a hotel.
priorities!
we were soaked and covered in sand and it was so NICE!
i love this pier.
we saw dolphins swimming in this area.
my sister with boyd.
she took turns wearing boyd's hat for him because it was windy and kept flying off of his head.
i love to look at all of the boats and what they are named.
then there are always the fun places to shop!
and some more from the beach.
boyd picked up EVERY seashell he could find!
this surfer pulled up on a bicycle with 3 cats in the basket.
boyd went over and talked to the cats.
then the cats went surfing.
they seemed to really like it!
it was amusing to watch.

i could post a million more pictures like these.
boyd just sat there like a little angel.
he was entranced with the ocean.
the setting sun was golden.
i would have a lot more pictures, but the morning we headed home the humidity was so bad that my camera was not working properly.
i managed this one shot of the hotel sign, and from there on out, i could not even get a picture.
i was bummed because there were so many cute things i wanted to photograph on the way out.
port aransas is one of my favorite little coastal towns.
thanks to my sweet husband for letting me go and for my sister for letting me drag her along!
it was a quick trip there and back.
i love a good road trip full of junk food and jimmy buffett tunes.
we LOVE the ocean.
i was sad to leave.
as we were leaving, boyd kept saying....
go ocean.
see dolphins.
i wanted to cry for him.
we will go back sweetest boy!
10 comments:
I've only been to Texas once...and that was to Corpus Christi...my roomate in college Grandma lived there and so we went there once on spring break. Such a neat place (if I remember correctly!)
I love Boyd's smile and his hair in the 2nd picture of him sitting in the water with the sun coming down.
We missed the beach this summer...had to go on a big "family" vacation this summer! :( Next year I plan to make up for it!!
I love looking at all your pictures. I've never been to the ocean so I'm living vicariously through you :o)
FYI...from someone that lives with constant humidity. Take your lens cap off before you leave the room and it's a much easier process. If you forget, take the cap off outside and hold the camera lens UP for a few minutes and it will clear.
This is such a beautiful post, Nicolle...and those surfing cats! Wow.
This is great! You make Texas look real good (which it is, of course).
We didn't make it to the coast this year...well, not the TX coast. And not with kids.
This looks like such fun.
What a great trip. That is so fun!!
I've really got to get me a camera like yours! Your pics are gorgeous!
Sometimes you've just gotta go right to the sand and surf without wasting any time changing into beach clothed! Looks like Boyd is hooked. He definately has the hair for a beach boy!
Loved looking at the rest of your trip. Looks like a wonderful way to wrap up the summer and spend your birthday!:)
I agree with Jen...I need a camera like yours and Boyd definitely has that surfer beach boy look.:)
Enjoy the day
thanks everyone!
you make my day.
i'm glad we are friends! :)
Oh my word! Those pictures of Boyd are adorable!!!
I wish we lived near an ocean sometimes. Or could afford to visit one when we wanted to.
I've only be to the ocean I think 4 times. I don't like swimming in it, but I do love the beach and the little drinks with umbrellas. LOL!
I'm glad you all had such a good trip!
Smart boy you have there - I LOVE the ocean, too :))
Great pictures!
Post a Comment