Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the texas coast

we are back in town from the coast.
we stopped at my mom's to clean up and rest.
once we are really home and settled, i will post more.
we had a great time.

this was one of boyd's first reactions to seeing the ocean.
he was in love.
he held onto my sister for dear life though.
he was not quite sure what to do when the water washed up onto his feet.


i am in love with it too.
i feel like i can really breathe at the ocean!


we happened to go when it was super windy and the water was choppy.
it was a pretty blue/green in the bays.
it was more brown than i've seen it before in the actual open water.
but i still love it all!





boyd finally got comfortable with the water.
he sat in this spot for almost an hour.
he was mesmerized.
we could not get him to move! :)



ps....thank you to everyone for your sweet comments here, and all of your birthday wishes. THEY MEAN A LOT!

9 comments:

Kerri said...

Boyd's reaction to the beach is SO AWESOME!! Sometimes when I try to capture moments...I have that darn little delay on my camera...makes me so mad!!

LOVE that last picture. I can see that one blown up HUGE and hung on the wall!
Glad you guys had fun and that you had a good birthday! I'm sure you have LOTS more pictures to share...looking forward to seeing them!

Staci said...

That last pic is TO DIE FOR! I have a great resource for canvases if you decide to make one from this. It's gorgeous. Definitely needs to be blown up.

We just got back from the beach, too. I'm way behind on blogging about it. So nice to get away isn't it? Glad you had fun and had a nice birthday!

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh...how exciting!!

So glad you gals and the little guy had a nice time away. (And, I'm very jealous.)

4 Lettre Words said...

P.S. You definitely need to get in on iheartfaces this week!! That last shot's a winner.

J. said...

So glad to hear you had a great birthday and to read about Boyd's experience with the ocean!

Nichole said...

I love your pictures. I'm glad you got to spend your birthday at such a great place :o)

Dani said...

These are great! I adore that first picture...it should be on a calendar.

{cindy} said...

Glad you are all home safe!
LOVE that last picture too!!
We have not been to the beach in so long...sigh...
Can't wait to see more of your trip
Enjoy the day

Unknown said...

Love these pictures! I get to go to the beach next month and am so excited. Boyd's reaction is priceless...glad you caught that!