i've been skeptical.
i love it.
here is what i did.
cooked the quinoa in chicken broth.
cooked a fresh ear of corn in a skillet,
with a dab of butter.
let the quinoa cool.
quinoa, grape tomatoes, corn, avocado,
fresh lime juice squeezed all over.
yum. yum. yum.
we've been downtown.
we filled up the BIG pool.
and then we put the pool,
at the end of the slide.
it didn't really work there,
but boyd had fun.
i love that he's airborne in this first picture.
i've been reading unbroken.
i can't put it down.
wow.
i got to have a fun girl day,
shopping with my friend,
for baby stuff.
for her, not me.
no more babies here.
i LOVE the one i got,
but he's a handful.
i made kevin one of his favorite things.
ham salad, that's not really ham.
i use 2 cans of low sodium spam.
{yes, we are spam lovers}.
a large package of bologna works well too.
{this is all much cheaper than buying canned ham,
or pre-made ham salad at the grocery store}.
run it through a food processor.
transfer to bowl and add,
black pepper, onion powder, sweet relish,
bit of miracle whip for taste, then mayo.
so delicious.
we ate really cold popsicles.
{this picture makes me laugh out loud}.
and really red popsicles.
{from old navy.
i love it}.
took him outside in 102 degree heat.
gave him a red popsicle.
then said,
don't get red on your shirt.
don't get red on your shirt.
don't get red on your shirt!
ha.
i am loving these summer days,
unbearable heat and all.
13 comments:
This post may have convinced me to try quinoa.
There's something about the Texas heat...you just have to give into it.
The quinoa looks yummy! Never had it.
Great shots of Boyd.
Your quinoa looks fantastic! I might make it like that next time!
Yum.
Sounds like it's been crazy hot in Texas. It's raining right now with thunder and everything. Crazy.
Unbroken, so glad you are reading it! I was just thinking about it again. It makes you do that. Think about it all the time.
Have a great Sunday Nicolle!
Oh mercy me...I was loving this post, until you did the Spam thing! No can do! But I know a lot of people love it. You should see how they love it in Hawaii!!
Your quinoa looked great! Did I spell that right? It doesn't look right. Well, you know what I mean!
Have a good day!
okay, so your message on the bags for downtown....I just might be crying. That is the sweetest ever. I LOVE the airborne shot so much. Quinoa-yes. Spam-no. Now I must get back to Unbroken.
Your quinoa dish looks really good. I still haven't tried it. I haven't tried Spam either but don't think I ever will either ;o)
Girl shopping days are always a fun! I always think baby shopping is fun too even though I don't have any use for that stuff.
Hope you guys are enjoying your Sunday :o)
You have given me a couple of new things to consider...quinoa & unbroken?
Awesome pics of the slide!! Your downtown pics always inspire. Your spam salad not so much. :)
Happy Sunday!
i love trying new quinoa combos and yours looks awesome, yum yum - definitely giving that combo a try!! had to laugh at that last pic b/c boyd looks a bit like dracula with that bright red popsicle juice running from his mouth ;-)
Everybodies eating quinoa! I haven't tried it yet (it's so expensive!)...yours looks delish! I will eat anything with avacado in it!
Love Boyd and the popsicle pictures...he's such a lucky boy!
We really like Spam too! Too funny :) We like to sauté it until a little caramelized on both sides (we slice it thin), then serve with tomatoes and rice. Yum! Everyone thinks we're nuts, but I just think they're missing out :)
Quinoa....I like the red kind for this. Cook, then cook some black beans, with cumin, maybe a little red or green onion...then, get this...toss in some chopped mango (you can buy it frozen)...when it's warm, put over the quinoa, and top with green onion and cilantro. It's even better the next day as a salad. My daughter taught me this and I am addicted! Happy Monday.
Oh my goodness, I love these pictures of Boyd!!! (not so much the spam!) ;)
Maddox almost got the SAME "light-a-queen" shirt today, but they didn't have his size. :( He LOVES Cars too!
I have no idea what quinoa is, but your picture of it looks so yum!!
Love quinoa too. I'll have to try your recipe. I usually eat it the same way every time. I need some more ways to eat it, but I cook in broth too. Vegetable broth usually. Makes me feel all healthy that way. ;) hee hee...
Post a Comment