Thursday, March 15, 2012

cupcake thursday {and food trucks}

I'm a foodie.
A lover of food trucks, the flavors of my city, and especially cupcakes. Today Boyd and I went to the newly opened Fort Worth food park.



We had our cupcakes first, because that's what we do.
{Red Jett Sweets was on Cupcake Wars}.
The cupcakes were delicious.
Boyd had chocolate with vanilla frosting, and I had maple bacon.
Maple icing, maple cake, bits of real bacon mixed in.
I love to try new/different things.
I was in love.







For lunch I ordered a torta. It was so good. I could only eat about 1/3 of it though. The older I get, the less I can eat, and I haven't lost a pound. Funny how that works.



Boyd had a couple of pieces of his cheese pizza. They gave it to us for free because they weren't ready when we got there. I tried to pay, but the man insisted that we take it. So nice.



This was a cute truck.
Good Karma Kitchen.


By the time we left, this place was crazy busy.
We played outside for a couple of hours, to burn off all those calories.
It was a good day with my baby boy.


I think he's done with pictures at this point.
As for me, there is no such thing as too many pictures.


good night.
have a great weekend.

16 comments:

Jen said...

Love that last pic of boyd...soo funny. And a food park! Fabulous!

Holly said...

We had a few of those trucks set up at our new office's grand opening... I can't remember what cupcake I had, now-- but I remember it was DIVINE!! And no one else likes fondant, so I got to eat lots of the little circle toppers!

I love the pics of you and Boyd together!

Looks like a great day!

Staci said...

You'll have to let me know where this food park is!

SZM said...

I went to a Food truck thing like that in Charleston, but we weren't hungry. I know we have a few in Charlotte, so I'll have to hunt them down. And i would've ordered the exact same cupcake.

Kris said...

Good night? You are going to bed already? Oh how I would love to have a food court like that here! They come into the city, but not here. What fun. Your cupcake sounded wonderful!!! So did the Torta!
Hey, if you were my neighbor, you would never have to buy avocados!!!
Or oranges!!!!
Or eggs!!!
: 0 K

4 Lettre Words said...

What a YUMMY day! :) That cu[cake of yours sounds divine...and I love the looks of everything else!

Pam said...

ok seriously..those food trucks look so cool! how fun is that?? I wonder if we have that around here..hmmm? And I just love those pics of you and sweet Boyd. Night! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there!!!

Thoughts..I wouldn't want to be the truck stuck in the middle. What if you have to go somewhere?

You lost me at bacon.

Why does Texas have such cool stuff?

I would have avoided that vegetarian truck like the plague. Seriously, did anybody go to that one?

Kerri said...

A food park? Seriously?! My husband just walked in the door and I told him we are moving to Fort Worth...he said ok. :) I'm not sure what a torta is...but I want one really bad! I also want a cupcake truck to drive around in! Love the pics of you and Boyd...the last one looks like it's getting painful for him! :)

Kerri said...

Oh, and the maple bacon cupcake? Next time, could you ask them for the recipe, please?! :) I will want to offer that when I have my own truck. :)

Jess said...

Oh My Lord. A FOOD PARK? I want. I need. I must have.

I'll be there tomorrow, mkay?

Nichole said...

Ok, that food park is so cool. I didn't even know such things existed.

Love the pictures of Boyd and seeing the two of you together. :o)

I've always wondered if sweet treats with bacon in them were good or not. Glad you enjoyed it!

Heather said...

A food park? Really? That's the best idea ever! I'm so jealous now! That looks like so much fun and those cupcakes made my mouth water! Yum! Boyd = CUTE as always!

Genn said...

Did you say food park????
Oh how fun is that?
I'm afraid I'd want to give my money to every single food truck. ha.
How fun.
I love the pics of Boyd smiling with the trucks behind him while he eats his cupcake.
So cute.
Happy Friday Nicolle!

sealaura said...

you lucky girl, you have foodtrucks!!! They are all the rage in LA. I love how what used to be a "roach coach" is now embraced by all the hipsters. Although I do admit there are so many cool ones out there. In LA people go bananas for Korean and Japanese food ones.

Here in South Texas or MEXAS as my husband now calls it, I have not seen any. But we do have Mexican food up the ying yang, which makes sense since we can actually see Mexico across the river. Your Torta looks so good. I love tacos al pastor with lime on them YUM!

{cindy} said...

A Food PARK??? Serioulsy??? How can you get so lucky? Dave would be lunching there every day of the week I think:)
What a fun, fun place.
love the pics of you and your sweetie!!:)
have a happy day nicolle