Today has been a good day. Post office, lots of grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning.
I know this sight looks familiar on my blog. I thought it was a good day for homemade salsa. I will never get tired of this stuff.
We picked up strawberries and blackberries at Sam's. I love berries, all of them.
We had a nice dinner last night with Kevin's mom, and we are really excited that Kevin's aunt is moving to Texas from Maryland, and will be here this evening, for good. Welcome to Texas, Aunt Terry.
We've got the windows open, Boyd is watching a Cat In The Hat marathon, and I'm about to vacuum. Then it's outside to play for the rest of the day.
have a wonderful weekend.
ps.
Original salsa recipe, here. I made a few minor changes. This is what I do for a half batch, which makes a lot. Throw all of the following into a blender. Blend until there are no chunks. It's delicious served right away, at room temp. Cover and store in fridge for up to a week, but I promise it won't last that long.
A 28 oz can of whole tomatoes {juice included}, 1 1/2 T fresh lime juice, 1/4 cup sliced jar jalapenos, 1 T juice from the jalapenos, 1 1/2 T apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp mexican oregano, 1/4 tsp cumin, 3/4 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro, 1 T dried minced onion, 1/2 T minced garlic in oil.
Make it. You will LOVE it.
15 comments:
Wow, never thought about grocery stuff. That is really wild!
It is so beautiful outside. We spent all morning at the doctor, second time this week but sitting outside at the condo now. It is nice to finally be here and have room to move around. The inlaws is really tight.
The berries look yummy! Have a great weekend.
Now I want to make some salsa! Are you guys feeling all better now? Now me and the boys are sick...hopefully the hubby stays healthy, though! Glad you're having a good day :)
First of all...we have made it and we do LOVE it!!:)
Second of all...diggin that new header. Dare I say...so you!!!:)
Third of all...no I have never thought of that, but goodness you are right! i seriously smiled as I thought and counted, wow...6 times! I am thankful for all those same things so amen to that!
Today we had clouds, sun, rain, hail crazy WIND, more sun and now clouds. I owuld love a little "windows open" kind of day.
Ahhh...vacuuming...i might just join ya!:)
have a happy weekend nicolle
As soon as I saw the picture I said to self "That's IT! I am making this d*** salsa!" I can't handle the salsa envy anymore!
Oh, and I too have thought about the grocery thing. I didn't get six though. I only repeatedly think..out of the cart, onto the conveyor belt, bags back into the cart...I only get five?
You are so good about making recipes. I wish I liked cooking more. I never really enjoy something that I've made. Not sure why. Your mom's glass creations are beautiful.
Have an enjoyable weekend.
Clinking Coke Zero cans.
Dana
Now you've made me have to make salsa this weekend! I LOVE your new header with all the cups. You know how I feel about cups! Have a fabulous weekend, Nicolle!
Your new cup header is so fun!
I am curious about your salsa recipe now and am thinking I need to try it out. I haven't made it since we left the island. Your photo made my mouth water!
I have never counted how many times I handle he groceries, but that is so true! That's why I love Market Street...they bag your groceries, take them out to your car and return the cart for you! God bless the USA and Market Street!
Looks yummy! I have thought of the handling of the food myself. Many times. Off the shelves, to the conveyer belt, to the cart, to the car, to the house, then to the shelves. Ugh....
I have thought about all of that crazy touching of groceries, but mainly b/c I'm a germaphobe! :)
I've been planing to make your salsa forever, but I'm really gonna do it. YUM!!
It is such a blessing to be able to just go buy what we want to eat, isn't it? Amen.
I still have not made your salsa yet....I must do that!!
I never really thought about all the times we handle to the groceries...interesting! I don't mind the grocery shopping, but I hate putting the stuff away when I get home. I will think about your outlook next time and be more thankful that I am able to buy groceries and have a home to put them in!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
My mom's salsa is very similar... and almost every time I come over, she makes us a batch.
I tried a new recipe from Pinterest the other day that had honey in it... strange, but good!
I am going to try and adapt your new outlook on grocery shopping... but I just hate it.
I have been known to make un-matching dinners just to avoid the dreaded adventure!!
I would like some berries... maybe some raspberries and chocolate chips!! (another addiction, thanks to you!)
YUM, I love salsa. We just got a Ninja and maybe I will try this with it. So far, all I make with the Ninja is smoothies and ice coffee. Those berries look so good. Hope you had a nice weekend.
that fruit looks sooo beautiful ... oh, those colors!! and i have got to try your salsa recipe too ... sounds delish!!
Post a Comment