Saturday, May 12, 2012

saturday

The last couple of days we have had rain, no rain,
cool temperatures,
beautiful skies, and severe weather.
You just never know around here.


Boyd played with his friend Hailey and I got to visit with her mama. We had a good time, and had some delicious chicken salad which I plan on making soon.


We took Boyd to his first Texas Rangers game today.
It was a lot of fun. 
The weather was cool, and it was cloudy most of the time.


Only problem, we sat on the 3rd deck.
I was ok walking the stairs, but then the last bit where you have to ride an escalator, well, I couldn't. So Kevin and Boyd went on ahead of me. 
I found an elevator. 
Then the usher had to help me to my seat. 
I am a mess when it comes to heights.

Boyd enjoyed the game. 
And the cotton candy.



Boyd loved the popcorn too.


I had coke zero.
I should have had a beer.
Then maybe I wouldn't have obsessed the entire time about the 3rd deck collapsing.


I love this picture of Kevin and Boyd, although Boyd is shoving a hot dog in his mouth.


Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.
 {thank you kerri for the sweet card}.


love,
nicolle

13 comments:

sloan said...

wow, nicolle, i can't even believe how HUGE that baseball stadium is, i'm speechless!! is fenway park really that small??

SZM said...

sweet! Your posts always make me miss Texas.

Kris said...

I don't like heights either! Looked like the boys had fun though!!! I hope you have a great Mothers Day!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Heather said...

That third deck is a tough one. I always get so scared when I'm walking the stairs to my seat. You got some great pictures though. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! You're one of my favorite moms!

{cindy} said...

Happy Mother's Day Friend!!:)
Wow...those are amazing pictures Nicolle....iphone or camera? Instagram or something else?:)
Love them...the antiqued look and the colors are great!
ok....onward. That stadium is crazy big! Heights wig me out a bit too, so i hear you on that one.
hope your day is a beautiful one:)

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Texas but you make it seem like heaven. There's so much to see and do! Are you a native of Texas? Happy Mother's Day to you and all the mothers out there!!!!! :)

Micki

Nicolle said...

Thanks everyone! I have amazing friends! Cindy I will email you.

Micki, yes born and raised in Texas! :) I am guessing I will always live in Texas. I love it so much and appreciate it more and more the older I get. Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

Xo

tinajo said...

I love these pics - and one day I´m definately going to a game like that when I visit the States! :-)

Thanks for visiting the other day! :-)

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh! I so love those baseball pics, Mama. Very cool...and perfect for a little boy's room. :)

The weather's been crazy here, too...with TONS of rain today. (Tomorrow, too, or so it looks.) I'm ready to go to the pool. :)

Sure hope you're enjoying your special day!

Anonymous said...

I love the cotton candy picture....About the third deck, I would have been thinking "somebody's gonna die"...I used to be okay with heights but NOT ANYMORE!

julia

Kerri said...

Yes, next time have a couple of beers instead! That stadium is huge...can't imagine how scary it was for you...what a trooper you are! I love that close-up picture of Boyd in his baseball hat! And the one of Kevin and Boyd too!
Hope you enjoyed your mother's day!

Megan said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love the Rangers and ballpark food is the best. Nachos! You should have had a beer, silly girl. I have never been on the 3rd deck, but IMAX theaters do me in.

Seneca said...

oh my. we were in the same vicinity on Saturday. We went to a homeschoolers conference across the street at Arlington Convention Center. We really have to find a way to meet up soon Nicolle....ugh...life is so busy