This weekend my cousin and his wife took us to the Alliance/Ft Worth Air Show.
The weather might have hit 50 degrees, but mostly it was below that all day.
We were cold, but we had a good time.
A snack and some hot chocolate.
A couple of pictures from my phone.
I would post some more pictures of the planes flying,
A couple of pictures from my phone.
I would post some more pictures of the planes flying,
but they just look like little specs from the photographs.
There was a Pearl Harbor re-enactment that was so neat,
and the Thunderbirds flew.
At one point a team of 9 planes was in formation,
then they split apart,
and Boyd said, OH NO this is not good.
ha. I guess he was worried.
Boyd was so sweet and did so well yesterday.
It was a good day.
..............
Right now my heart hurts for this young wife and mom, named Julee.
I don't know her personally, and it may seem weird for me to be sad,
and I know things like this happen every single day.....
but when you read blogs, sometimes you feel like you know a person,
even if you haven't met them in real life.
My friend Nichole emailed me last night, so I went over to this blog,
to see that Julee had lost her husband in a car accident over the weekend.
I have visited these blogs many times, and dang it,
it just makes you think about life.
How quickly it can change.
I know these things make me want to love on my family more,
so that is what I'm going to do.
love,
nicolle



11 comments:
I have never read that blog, but I am heartsick over her husband. Prayers for her.
I read her blog and a few of her friends, breaks my heart. Preslee is so little and they are so Godly.
Great air show pictures! I wish we would have gone in but just have two more days of keeping Harper fully clear! I think I can I think I can. :)
What exciting news?!?
I am going to email you a funny picture ( I hope I haven't already) and I need help recreating it. Ha.
I have followed Julee's blog for a while, and it makes me sick. It was the first thing on my mind this morning.
Glad y'all had fun at the air show. We haven't been in forever!
Neat pics. Air shows scare me though. Greg's Dad was Lt. Col in Air Force, and flew navigation. Greg loves planes.
Cute pics of Boyd. Nice to be so cold. So sorry about the loss your friend has suffered. You just never know, and that is why we must live each day well.
Hugs,
Kris
Glad to know it was such a fun day all bundled up at the air show! You got some meat pics!
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends loss. You are so right, life can change on a dime.
Hugs my friend.
And hug your hubby and Boyd a lot too!
We are big Blue Angels fans, so that's right up our alley! Looks like such a fun time...and aren't these cool temps a nice surprise!?
I know exactly what you mean about getting "close" to blogs/bloggers. So sorry to hear about Julee. She and her family are in my prayers.
So sad about Julee. She seems to be surrounded by a lot of love and seems to be such a strong lady. Still it is heartbreaking and I know what you mean about feeling like you know someone and being sad.
My goodness, that is just heartbreaking. Why why why?
A little boys dream day! Love the little toy plane.
So so sad about your blog friend. I know it musts make you want to be so thankful for every minute we have together.
Oh no such tragic news. I too have a blog friend that lost her 18 year old son...just devastating. Have to treasure every single day. Will be praying for her family.
Great pictures of the air show and a wonderful experience for Boyd!
Blessings,
Jill
such sad news nicolle. and you are right...love your family and hold them tight.
we went to an air show once and ti was so cool. it is amazing what they can do but kind of freaky scary too so i'm with boyd!
hope you have a wonderful weekend
Post a Comment