Boyd and I went for a cupcake yesterday morning,
although we both have crazy allergies right now,
I knew he was tired,
and I was a bit moody.
The cupcakes were good, I had neopolitan.
Boyd took 2 licks of his vanilla cupcake and wanted to leave.
Such is life.
I snacked on this corn salsa yesterday.
It is so SO good.
My friend Kim keeps the jars and put flowers, etc in them.
I'm going to do that too, they are so cute.
My friend Kim keeps the jars and put flowers, etc in them.
I'm going to do that too, they are so cute.
Look at these gorgeous poblano peppers,
from our friends Melynda and Kathy, that they grew at home.
Thank you M & K!
I cut them up to use in fajitas last night, but we decided to have them today instead,
because Kevin had a big lunch yesterday.
I can't wait to cook with them today.
Then Boyd asked if we could do some leaf rubbings,
because he has done them in school.
We picked some leaves from the back yard,
and made these.
Sweet Boyd is having trouble with that last letter in his name.
Boyd wound up writing on the fridge, the bathroom counter, and the kitchen tile,
with his crayon.
On "accident".
hmmm.
I decided we should go outside and play,
and enjoy the weather before this cold front hit.
We are not going to be out of the 50s today and tomorrow.
So hard to believe.
Anyway, we had a good afternoon playing outside,
at first.
Then a neighbor, who I hardly know, came to visit,
and it got a little chaotic and I felt like my space was invaded,
and I sort of lost my mind.
I won't elaborate, but I was not neighborly, and I need to work on that.
I felt awful for the way I acted.
Then Boyd's friends had to go in,
and well, you know.
Yesterday was really comical when I think about it.
Just because I have an idea of how I want the day to go,
it certainly doesn't always work out that way.
At least the corn salsa was GOOD.
I'm off to make some coffee,
then fajitas later,
and hopefully stay warm and cozy inside with my boys all day.
enjoy your weekend.
love,
nicolle




8 comments:
Boyd's B's and Y look better than Bradys! (not kidding!)
Your cupcake looks so good...I just wrote down a recipe for dipping cupcakes in glaze like that...can't wait to try it!
I can't believe you guys have been so hot and not are going to be in the 50's today...such crazy weather. Have a great weekend!
I love that Byd writes BoyB! He will figure it out soon enough, but it is so cute for now. :)
Great idea with the leaf drawings. Thanks for sharing, my girls will like that. I think we'll do it today.
I haven't seen that corn salsa but you know I'm gonna look for it. I also want to find those coconut chips you had!
Enjoy your cool weather this weekend! Ours has been much better recently. Only supposed to be 84 today. Thank heavenes.
That cupcake looks really, really good!
I still think leaf rubbings are fun! Hope that crayon doesn't accidentally write on anything today. :o)
We're sitting at 34 degrees right now. We were at 80 earlier this week. Makes me wonder what winter will bring!
Hope you have a great day staying in and being cozy! :o)
I always love your posts. You are just so real and it reminds me of what my life really looks like. Some days, the corn salsa beats all.
And I love how he writes his name. Save that forever.
Everybody has a day when they want to hide from the world. Did she bring her daycare over uninvited?
Well, anyway hope your weekend is good.
Micki
Isn't it funny, that life is NEVER what we plan it to be?!
I have flipped out on my neighbor before too for dumping a mess full of kids upon my clean house... don't sweat it!
I always crave that first cold front, right until it hits... and then I remember that my bones ache in the freezing weather.
Maybe 'freezing' is a bit dramatic!
Hi Micki,
In her defense, we were just outside, so she walked them all over, and they plopped in our driveway. However, they were getting stuff out of our garage, and it was just LOUD, and that's when I finally lost it. :)
Hope you are doing well. Good to hear from you!
xo
looking for life's simple pleasures even in a pretty jar of corn salsa!!:) love it.
i think the whole daycare might have done me in too.
perfect time to go in to "make dinner"!!:)
have a happy day nicolle
Post a Comment