Monday, November 26, 2012

monday {nature}

The weather was extra pretty today, so after a few errands this morning, Boyd and I went over to the Fort Worth Nature Center. He had some energy to burn, and I wanted some fresh air. It's a neat place to go, and it's so pretty. Bless his heart though, Boyd wasn't sure where we were, and he said, I don't think this is a good idea. ha. It all turned out ok.




They have a couple of owls that are outside, in cages. It was hard to photograph them through the wires, but you can see this one sitting up there on the brown box.


Boyd's main goal was to find some big sticks.


I love this view along the trail, you can see the river below, but I always get nervous because it's on the edge of a really steep cliff.




I asked Boyd to hold the map so I could get a picture. The sun was too bright, and it made him sneeze. It made me laugh.



Such a pretty place to go. 
So quiet and peaceful {even with a 4 year old}.
 

Maybe I just don't remember it from year to year, but it seems like I've noticed the colors of the leaves this year, more than ever. I love all of the colors. I love this time of year.


Now, I have to show you one of the things in my happy bowl, that stays in our kitchen. Chile spiced mango. It's so yummy. Sweet, and very spicy. I'm hooked.
Do you have a happy bowl? You should.


God Bless Trader Joe's.

..............

thankful for:

1. the memory in my head of kevin and boyd playing flashlight hide and go seek, last night, outside. 
{although 99% of the time boyd hid in the same spot, in the nativity set}.
2. trader joe's coffee, in a new mug.


3. christmas lights.
4. nature.
5. beautiful, kind, compassionate and encouraging friends and family. my cup runneth over.

..............

hope your monday has been peaceful.

love,
nicolle

ps. If you have a minute, will you read this story, and think of giving just a few dollars, if you are able.  Every single penny helps. This was sent to me by my dear friend Erika. She is close friend's with the man that Brandon now lives with. What a beautiful story. It touches my heart. Thank you for checking it out.

11 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

I've never been there!!

I found out today that HG thinks Bass Pro is Billy Bob's. So funny! I almost wet my pants.

Today was a Nicolle talk kind of day for sure. Coffee soon. Be on the look out for a tiny surprise.

Megan said...

You are just the best mama ever. I am always inspired by the places you take Boyd...simple, beautiful places that I need to remember are there. What a lucky boy to have you to lead him to such great places.

And a happy bowl??!! I need one of those!

Lulu said...

That place looks so beautiful. It looks like Boyd accomplished his goal of finding big sticks, too! So much fun! I am loving this idea of a happy bowl. I need to make one of those happen very soon. I have a feeling it won't stay full very long though.

Holly said...

WHERE IS THIS?!
I need to go there too!

I don't have a happy bowl... but we do have a candy bowl that I just dumped in the trash and it made me happy-- if that counts!?
(I get sick of the constant requests)

The scripture looks great! Its so true!

And I am REALLY going to try and make it to TJ's this week.

Seneca said...

Wow! This place is awesome. Looks like a great place to take some portraits!! ;) I am so with you. I'm not so sure that I've every known the colors of fall to be so beautiful

Kris said...

What a beautiful place to visit!!! The pictures of Boyd holding the map are so cute! He has such expressions!
I am glad you had a great day. You sure deserved it!
Hugs,
Kris

4 Lettre Words said...

What a gorgeous place, and just the type of place we'd love to visit! Boyd is so cute...and you got some great shots, my friend. So glad y'all got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather!

Nichole said...

What a cool place to walk around in! I love owls & hearing them "hoo".

I like your happy bowl idea...I need to get myself one of those! I'm afraid that it'd be empty more often than full though. ;o)

I'm off to check out the link you posted.

Ross said...

What fantastic shots! It looks like a great place to go. I might just have to search out that spicy mango!

Kerri said...

I will pop over and check out that story over my lunch today.
What a neat walking trail...I would be nervous about the ledge too. It looks so pretty there this time of year. It must be so nice to be out and about this time of year not worrying about being to cold all the time!

{cindy} said...

if i had a happy bowl it would be invaded by little fingers!! chili mango...you and dave are gonna get along just fine!
nature really does so much for the soul doesn't it.
love your flashlight tag memories.
have a happy day nicolle