Tuesday, February 26, 2013

tuesday

It's been fairly quiet around here, and quiet is good, in my book.
It's nice to not blog for a few days, but then I miss the picture taking and the recording of simple things, so here I am again. My favorite blogs to read are the ones that record the simple,
the ordinary, just real life. 
This morning Kevin took Boyd to school, on his way to work,
and Boyd thinks that is the best thing ever. 
I was craving an iced coffee, even though it's freezing outside.
I grabbed one and came back home for some more quiet time.



I really wanted to cook today, but didn't want a bunch of leftovers for the week,
so I treated myself to thai food for lunch.
My favorite foods are mexican, thai, and then sandwiches.
I saw a thai salad the other day somewhere, and then when my friend Kris posted about one today, well, I knew what I wanted.
I love to eat alone in a restaurant. Do you?
I had a spicy thai chicken salad, and it was fabulous.


I needed to pick up a few groceries before I picked Boyd up from school.
He has asked so many times for an angry birds toy from this vending machine, and I always say no.
Today I decided to surprise him with one.
I wish that a 50 cent surprise would always make him this happy.
{you know you are picture crazy when you take pictures of vending machines, in walmart}.


I obviously didn't read the fine print, because the toy is an eraser with tiny pieces that you have to put together, and I'm not a put together kind of mama.
But, we figured it out.
And, we've already lost a piece.


Boyd colored this in school today.
I think he was in a hurry because he usually stays in the lines a bit more,
even though it doesn't matter either way to me.
He asked me if I liked his coloring, and I told him I LOVE it.
I bet Jesus loves it too.


We're going to have some down time, then spend the rest of the afternoon playing outside.

wishing you a good afternoon.

love,
nicolle

8 comments:

Kerri said...

Ha ha...Boyd's picture looks like ALL of Brady's from preschool....he did not enjoy coloring and always used black!
Your salad look soooooo good! I've never had thai before, but if it's spicy...I'm sure I would love it! I never see that on the menus around here. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I will be trying Kris' thai salad though!
Enjoy your day Nicolle!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Quiet days are great.

I think we had the same coffee drink tuesday morning, I took my machine to the school for the teachers.

I cooked my tail off last week so this week we had take out (papa Murphy's)) and spaghetti with whole wheat pasta. Easy! Tonight, I'm debating on cooking...maybe!

Megan said...

I still want to make that Thai pizza you posted about once. I do love eating alone...it is a real treat for me too. I like how you say you are not a put together mama...that made me laugh and nod my head. I get so frustrated putting things together for the kids!

Holly said...

Gosh that salad looks good and it makes me want your Tai Pizza!

I love McD's iced coffee. I get a large, no flavor, with an extra shot of sweetener.
I'm sure it is one billion calories but I usually only get them a couple times a month-- and lets be honest, i think calorie counting is for the birds!

I love quiet days.

And I love Boyd's picture.
Maddox NEVER colors in the lines-- I asked him once if he even knew that you were suppose to. He said that he just like to color all crazy... so that's what we get!
He also only colors with blue, orange, green and black. Everytime. All scribbled together.
I can always pick out which work is his on the wall, due to his color scheme!!

Nichole said...

I've only eaten at a restaurant alone once. Having always lived in smaller towns, you always run into people you know every where you go so the thought makes me feel awkward. If I went to a place where I knew I wouldn't see anyone I knew, I'd be totally fine with it. Not even sure why that matter now that I typed it out and look at it.

I thought of you tonight as I made spaghetti squash for supper. First time I've ever made or eaten it. Totally out of my food comfort zone. ;o)

4 Lettre Words said...

Quiet is definitely good! And, that salad looks amazing.

Happy Thursday, girlfriend! XO!

{cindy} said...

i am so craving thai right now!!!:) that salad looks so delish. your three fav foods are mine too...how funny!:)

the iced coffee made me think of when i ordered a mango smoothie from the drive thru tuesday in the middle of a blowy gusty snow storm and the lady was like...huh? really!:)haha

love seeing that print in your kitchen. i need to order mine soon.

i love the eraser story and the coloring one too. i love how you capture the simple of your day and find the joy in it. truly so inspiring to me. i love coming here.:))))

have a happy day nicolle

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

That makes me want Starbucks!