Wednesday, April 17, 2013

{overextended}

hi.
do you ever feel like this?
a to do list a mile long, not enough energy, you would really rather trash it and forget it exists.
{i've done that before}.
it's probably because we're coming off a crazy almost 2 weeks of camping and the races,
but i have a lot of things that have backed up.
car maintenance, doctors appointments, school stuff, cleaning house.
i also thrive on silence and alone time, so that has to fit in somehow, as selfish as that might sound.
i've had to say no to a few friends/family for playing and lunch, 
and that really bugs me. 
{please forgive me}.


 i did get several things done yesterday that were pressing,
and that felt good.
today boyd and i ran more errands.
a couple more things checked off of the never ending list.
 
i have been craving a salad for a few days, and finally made one today.
{mixed greens, avocado, grape tomatoes, rotisserie chicken, sunflower seeds,
balsamic vinegar and fresh lemon juice}.
i think i will eat this for the rest of the week. this might be the best salad i've ever had.


i bought a sweet little lavender plant today.
it's one of my favorite smells ever.


we loaded up on popsicles today while grocery shopping.
boyd is our little popsicle fiend.
i had one of these too, lemon lime, it was so good.



i hope i don't step on any toes by saying this...
i know a lot of people think we live in a godless world.
why do tragedies happen? where is god? why didn't he show up the other day in boston and stop those bombings? i can't even begin to imagine what those families are feeling right now, so it might not be my place to even speak on what happened. this world is broken and fallen, but god is everywhere. as humans we have a free will and we know from back in the bible that bad things happen and will always happen. i don't pretend to know how it all works, but i do believe that this world got messed up way back in the garden of eden....because of human choices, because of our free will.
not because god wants bad things to happen.
but god has not left us. he's waiting to call us all home, and he's everywhere on this earth.
all is not lost, hold onto faith.
his desire is that we turn to him.
this world is far from godless.

Because everyone who is born from God has overcome the world.
Our faith is the victory that overcomes the world. 
1 John 5:4

love,
nicolle

8 comments:

SZM said...

Amen! And Jesus did not promise that we wouldn't have sufferings! Look how he + his mother endured suffering.....with complete faith.

Jill said...

The salad looks delicious!! I understand things getting behind or put on hold. I'm so frustrated with feeling bad lately that I can relate.
I pray every day for this world...it is truly becoming a very scary place...

Blessings,

Jill

{cindy} said...

sorry you are feeling a bit out of it and overextended...i know/think we can all relate!:) we are having a week long rain fest here so that is doing wonders for my blah out of it mood!!:) nevertheless...here i sit trying to catch up on blogs for 15 minutes then hit 5 simple things on my list and call it a day!:) hope your motivation returns and that list ge5ts smaller...or trashed all together!:)

that salad looks amazing and would be the perfect thing to cheer me up today!:) wanna run one over?:)

i love lavendar too and i NEVER thought of buying a plant...duh!!:) i'm sooo doing that!

girls love popsicles too. we love the edys ones and did you see they have new coconut water ones?? sounds interesting!:)

we do live in a God filled world and i'm so glad you are in my life to remind me of that!!!:)

have a happy day nicolle

Nichole said...

I've definitely felt like that. Hope things calm down for you. :o)

Your salad looks really, really good!

I'm thisclose to getting rid of my Facebook account. I'm so tired of seeing people writing about these tragedies and blaming God, the govt., etc.

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Hugs and I am right there beside you. Ugh. Spring musical in a few hours and I think I'm sending Chris back to dr wth Harper. Ugh. I had to re wash laundry becuse I can't find time to do it (funny that I can find time to restart it).

Traggic things happen and we will never understand why. So many things lately, I can barely catch you breath from praying for others but there is still an amazing God.

4 Lettre Words said...

Very well put, my friend. I hope you have a relaxing (but fun) weekend. XO!

Gabe said...

Love what you said dear friend!

Holly said...

I hate that feeling--{overextended}-- I tell Lance that I can literally feel the weight of that stress on my shoulders, when there is too much on my plate.

I hope you got a little time to breathe-- and accomplished a little of your list too!

You salad looks great-- I made myself one this morning at Kroger. I too plan to eat on it for a couple of days!!

I loved your last bit. And hallelujah to the day we go Home and experience true peace!
Until then, we can only pray for peace, understanding and comfort.