Sunday, April 14, 2013

the rest of race week

The races always come and go so quickly.
I can honestly say, even though I'm beat, that this week was so good.
If I don't smell a campfire, or racecar fumes for a few months, I'll also be good.
Oh, it was fun though.


boyd had the time of his life.


and a few meltdowns.


earlier in the week we had delicious homemade chili.


and good snacks all week.


Boyd spent a lot of time playing {and fussing} with his cousin Cale.
He pesters her and she bosses him, and they were so funny to watch.
In this picture they were eating nutter butters, and so Boyd decided it would be great fun to call Cale a nutter butter, which made her very upset. She would get confused and call me "uncle" Nikki. 
Uncle Nikki, he called me a nutter butter.


great times with family and friends.


the midway on thursday to look around and souvenir shop.


stopped for a texas bluebonnet picture on friday.


 the guys cooked fajitas before the race on friday night.



We took Boyd to his first stock car nascar race on friday night.
Last fall we took him to a truck race, it was shorter, and we sat in some box seats for a while.
This time he was in the stands with us the entire time.
Of course, it went something like this....
How much longer, how many more laps, is it almost over, when can we leave, I'm tired.
But he loved it and it was a great memory making night for us.



boyd with his hat over his heart during the national anthem and the prayer.
{i love that they have prayer}.
this boy melts my heart.


and this one melts my heart x100.
messy little face and hair, oversized hat, ear muffs, drinking his juice and sitting with his daddy,
and his sweet little profile.
such a little boy.
i love him.


but maybe the best one of friday night,
20 laps left, and he fell asleep.


saturday morning and a delicious camp breakfast.



the big race was saturday night.
dinner first, bratwurst, delicious.
i think kevin makes the most amazing brats.
{obviously the food is a very important part of camping}.





a good week...
lots of work followed by plenty of relaxing,
a thousand pictures,
great food,
good people,
a few pranks,
many laughs,
cuts and bruises and sore feet,
{a couple of arguments, you know, life is never perfect},
happy memories.

now it's time to clean and unpack and put away until the next race.

love,
nicolle

12 comments:

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

What an amazing week!!!

Love the pictures of Boyd.

Kris said...

Hi Nicolle. I really enjoyed this post. Even though I have seen some of the pics on IG, I enjoyed them again. The one of Boyd with his juice is darling. They all are! I love your cowl you are wearing! You are darned right....the food is VERY important when camping! Hello!!!! Hey, are those wood mat things, because of rain? Clever!!!
Fun times!
xo Kris

Nicolle said...

Hi Kris, yes Kevin and his dad built the wooden things after one year that was rainy and muddy. They are great to have out there. ;)

Nichole said...

Love all the pictures. Looks like it was an awesome week! I agree, food is a very important part of camping. :o)

Uncle Nikki...love it! ;o)

4 Lettre Words said...

Sounds (and looks!) like so much fun. LOVE all of the fun pics.

Hope y'all have another amazing week, my friend! XO!

Gabe said...

I love your comment...obviously, food is a big deal with camping...truer words were never spoken friend! It all looks so good.

I can't wait til it warms up here, IF it ever warms up here:) so we can get our camper out too!

Sarah said...

That's quite the camp set up! It looks like so much fun. Yes, a lot of work too, but amazing memories! The Nutter Butter story is priceless. Little Boyd, picking on the girls. Cute!

Jill said...

I just love all these pictures of family and friend time together! My nieces and nephews would call me "uncle" Jill too and "aunt" Jerry. Too cute! Boyd is growing up so quickly! Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

Genn said...

Oh I just love looking at your pictures!!
Cute story with the Nutter Butters. And "uncle" Nikki. :)
Do many people call you Nikki?? My family calls me Genny and I hate it. I've always disliked hearing that for myself but think its a great name spelled with a J for others! Weirdo I am.

And of course the food is an important part of camping!! And yes it sure is a lot of work too, but such great memories every time.

Love the pic of Boyd asleep with 20 laps to go. Sweet boy.
Glad you had fun.
Now I hope you get a chance to catch up with life and rest up soon! Xo

Genn said...

Oh and ps, I love your cowl scarf too!!

rotner ramblings said...

I have no interest in the races but want to go with you next year solely for the food. Ok with you?

{cindy} said...

oh my goodness i am sooooo hungry now!!!:) food and camping go so hand in hand! you gotta have something to distract you from the sleeping conditions right??:)
looks like such a wonderful timie with your family. i know you treasure those memories.

that one pic with the light shining through is gorgeous and the three of boyd at the race...heart melting for sure! i see a collage of those printed and framed somewhere in your future!!:)

have a happy day nicolle