on saturday i heard the old church hymn i come to the garden alone, and although i've grown up in church always knowing it, these particular words really touched me this time, more than ever. almost like i heard them for the first time....
and He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own.
out of his millions and millions of children, i am still that important to him, i am still his own, and you are too. isn't that amazing. i've been singing the song all weekend, i love it.
kevin and boyd spent most of saturday together, running around, going to eat, seeing a movie.
i did a little shopping and had an iced coffee, and then i got to sneak away and have dinner with one of my best girlfriends, whit.
it was a last minute thing, and we laughed because i picked her up about 5 pm, and we were home by 8 pm, so that might make us old or something...but it was still a great night.
we had mexican and margaritas at el rancho grande in the stockyards.
thankful that i can throw on a top and shorts, no makeup, and feel comfortable with a friend.
the best kind of friendship.
i came home and kevin had bought boyd his own dartboard, for his room.
{note. he did get soft tip darts. no worries}.
kevin cooked me a delicious breakfast on sunday, of fried eggs. i love to be in the kitchen, and i feel brave enough to cook almost anything, but i have never mastered a fried egg. he makes them so well. we did house work, yard work, and had friends over for bratwurst on sunday evening. our friends brought us fresh cucumbers from their garden, so i made some pickles this morning. i just threw in some vinegar, water, dill and salt. they smell good already.
and that's about it.
we have school and grocery shopping this week, swimming, and more of the ordinary stuff.
i only have a few more school supplies to buy for boyd, and it's time to find him a new backpack and some school clothes. {thankful for my mom for helping out with that}. this is such a special time for boyd, and as his mama, i'm feeling extra sentimental about it all.
4 weeks until the first day of kindergarten.
boyd might just be the most excited kid in the world about kindergarten. he is so ready for it.
and that makes it easier on my heart.
the summer has flown, but i knew that it would.
sometimes i look back on parts of our life and can't remember a thing, so even recording the ordinary makes me happy....and, even when i think i'm almost done with a blog, i change my mind again.
have a good week.
love,
nicolle



6 comments:
I'm glad Boyd is so excited to start kindergarten! I hope the last few weeks of summer are good to both of you.
A last minute evening out with a friend sounds fun. And, being back home by 8 sounds good to me so if it makes you old, then I am too. ;o)
I ruin fried eggs all the time, sometimes I have to make 3-4 before I get it just right. Chris says I too it 'too healthy'. Ha.
Sounds like a super fun night!
So soon for school, he will love every second of it.
Love this.
Margaritas with friends, love that too.
I love that you write about the ordinary stuff...it's the stuff that make up our special moments. I wish I could write more easily like you...but it just doesn't come easily to me! I too look back and can't remember parts of our life. :(
I'm glad Boyd is so excited for school...and you're right...it's such an exciting time for him. If I remember correctly, it took me a couple of months into kindergarten to get on board...but then I remember being giddy with excitement to have a chunk of the day all to myself! I have a feeling you will eventually feel the same!
Sounds like you had a great evening with your friend. Sorry I've been out of touch, it's been a crazy summer and now I'm heading on vacation with the family for a couple of weeks. So exciting with Boyd starting kindergarten! My youngest daughter is going into grade 1 and so it will leave me alone at home. Hope you and your family are having a great summer!
Girlfriend! When I come to Texas we are going to practice frying some eggs!!! Easiest meal in the world! I'll teach ya how it's done. ;)
Cute post. Always love your documentation if the ordinary! And seriously, just when I think I'm done with my blog... Suddenly I'm on a roll and don't want to leave anything out for fear of forgetting the memory!!!
I love your blog.
:)
Post a Comment