Friday, July 26, 2013

the last few days

we spent some time at my mom's this week.
we visited with family.
my grandma brought boyd some jelly beans, that is their special thing.
boyd mastered the diving board at their community pool.
i jumped first to show him it was ok, and he yelled,
mom don't drown!
we made delicious hot carrots {thank you for the recipe michelle}.
we had yummy salads, rode in the golf cart, and sat on the back porch.
boyd yelled every time he saw a wasp, and we laughed.
we had fun.






cousins. growing up way too fast.


family.



 cupcake friday. oreo cupcake for boyd, margarita cupcake for me. delicious.



boyd is watching cartoons, i'm going to try to grab a 10 minute nap, if that's even possible, and then it's outside to ride bikes. have a good weekend.

love,
nicolle

7 comments:

Nichole said...

I know I said this on IG but your mom's place is so pretty!

Hope you were able to get that nap in. :o)

Have a good weekend!

Kris said...

I love everything about this post!!
Boyd is looking so grown up lately. Those cupcakes looked goooooood!!!!
XO Kris

SZM said...

Wow! Can I book a room at your Mom's?

4 Lettre Words said...

Their home is always soooo lovely! I'm so happy y'all could get away for a few days...and I hope you enjoyed the nap. :)

Holly said...

Those carrots look phenomenal!
Your mom's always looks like a resort like escape-- minus the price tag... my mom's feels the same way and I love that!

Sarah said...

Boyd looks so much older in the cub cake pic! Yours made my mouth water! Thanks! LOL Pool time looks like fun, I'm glad you didn't drown. :-)

rotner ramblings said...

I love your words.
Simple as that.
(hot carrot sighting!)