i hope to post here more than once a week, but lately that's all i can muster.
we had gorgeous weather for the last few days, and today it's hovered right around 33 degrees, and it's pouring. i wish we'd get a bit colder and get some snow.
this picture was from a couple of days ago, it was practically shorts weather here in texas.
the colors of fall are brilliant, aren't they.
i'm thankful that i'm done with the cardiologist for 6 months,
that i have medicine to fix what is wrong,
and that i have a new outlook on life.
because i've been a mess the last few weeks.
i have taken my 40 years of good health for granted, like i'm invincible or something,
and apparently, none of us are. {news flash}.
i've been walking and it feels so good. i've lost 8 pounds since i started seeing the cardiologist, which shocked me yesterday when i got on the scale.
that i have medicine to fix what is wrong,
and that i have a new outlook on life.
because i've been a mess the last few weeks.
i have taken my 40 years of good health for granted, like i'm invincible or something,
and apparently, none of us are. {news flash}.
i've been walking and it feels so good. i've lost 8 pounds since i started seeing the cardiologist, which shocked me yesterday when i got on the scale.
i will miss my walk tonight, although if the rain stops, i'm bundling up and going for it.
there is something about walking at night that is so liberating and so peaceful. i used to be scared to go alone, but i go with a flashlight and pepper spray,
and i remember what my mama always says about herself,
i'm too mean to be scared.
and i remember what my mama always says about herself,
i'm too mean to be scared.
for now, more decaf, and i'm a happy girl. thank you jesus for decaf coffee.
here is my little pumpkin pie before school this morning. kevin and i walked him to school and stayed for a sweet little thanksgiving program that the kindergarteners put on. during his performance, boyd actually had the cry face going on, and i was surprised. i asked him after school what happened, and he said he just missed me. i think he was a little shy up there, which is definitely not in his nature.
thank you jesus for this sweet child of ours, who is still being a toot in school,
but he's just doing what 5 year olds do best.
or at least that's what i keep telling myself.
or at least that's what i keep telling myself.
i was thinking of this soup last night, and i sent a text to my girlfriend, who used to make it.
i haven't had it in 10 years or more, and couldn't find the recipe.
she wrote me back and said she had just made it a couple of nights ago, and she sent me the recipe,
so i made it today.
it's an old weight watchers recipe, and it's so easy.
1 16 oz bag of frozen california style vegetable mix
1 can of low sodium chicken broth
1 can of Rotel
4 oz of light Velveeta
cook first 3 ingredients together, until veggies are tender, add in cheese. i am a rebel and used regular velveeta, and maybe i used just a little more than 4 oz.
i also doubled the recipe.
i also doubled the recipe.
top it off with a few bacon crumbles if you need a little bit of meat with it. yum.
{i think i will chop the veggies next time, before cooking, just to make them into much smaller pieces}.
{i think i will chop the veggies next time, before cooking, just to make them into much smaller pieces}.
i filled up my happy bowl with these today, and i've been eating them like candy.
and these replaced my tired looking mums today.
i hope you have a good thanksgiving week, whatever your plans may be.
it's good to be thankful.
love,
nicolle








10 comments:
Glad you are doing so much better. No, none of us are invincible unfortunately. I thank God every day for my report turning from possiblly really bad to good for a year. Every day, a few times a day.
Way to go on the 8 pounds, that is always a nice surprise at the dr.
We were in shorts on last Sunday cleaning the boat for winter, so wild with this cold front.
The soup look great, even topped on plain potatoes would be good.
I'm so glad you are feeling better Nicolle. That's great that you lost 8 lbs without even realizing it! How nice huh?!
I love your pictures. And Boyd's Camo jacket is cute. I just bought the same one for Noah for Christmas.
You sound good Nicolle! I am so glad that you are embracing the changes and that they are working for you. 8 pounds is awesome! I need to get more walks in too. I used to do it so much and I loved it. That soup looks delish...it is perfect soup weather! I hope you guys enjoy the break from school and routines and signed folders and bundle up and enjoy being home together, just like the old days.
Hi sweet girl. I am relieved for you, that you are feeling better, and invigorated by your new routine of walking. I really must make some changes myself. I lost 55 pounds 5 years ago, and have gained about half back. But I could certainly shed some now.
Your Boyd is a sweetie pie. It touched my heart to hear of his cry face, and him missing you!
We are cold, wet and wintery here. LOVING it. Can't wait to get up the hill in that snow!
Think of you so often. Wish we could sit across from one another and share a pot of decaf, and warm conversation.
Love ya,
Kris
Love, love, love the first picture!
I'm so proud of you for walking every night. I like your mom's saying...I need to remember that one for myself. :o)
I love Cuties, too. I take a couple to have with my lunch every day.
8 pounds! Amazing. I always want to go for walks in the evening and never getup the courage to do it...and I even have a big dog to take with me. And you are correct, Boyd is definitely just being a 5 year old boy. He has a GREAT personality. :-)
I'm so happy that you're feeling better, and I hope you continue the walks. I try and run/walk everyday, regardless, and I'm always so much better for it. It's my time away from everyone...but God. XO!
So glad you are doing better...
BTW...boys are just good at being toots:)
Happy Thanksgiving, Friend!
glad you are feeling good about the new things life has brought your way ( as good as you can I guess!!:)) sorry I have not been here for you as much as I should have been!:( walking does clear the mind and soul doesn't it?? have you seen on meg's whatever blog that she downloads some sermons and listens while she walks. never tried it but may be cool!!never walked at night either...I'm an early morning girls...but I can imagine the stillness!!:)
sweet little boyd. and his cry face!!:( sometimes even as adults those things just overtake us right!!
have a happy day nicolle
You are amazing!! I use being scared as an excuse to not exercise-- but I shouldn't. Maybe I will follow your lead!
Boyd is the cutest… tooty and all! ;)
I wish Lance ate more veggies, because that soup sounds just about perfect in this cold weather.
Sorry i have not been the best blogging pal lately, I am trying to catch up!!
Post a Comment