Friday, November 15, 2013

where did the week go?

i haven't kept up here lately, i've been pre-occupied with life, over-thinking medical stuff, enjoying night walks and decaf coffee, and trying to figure out why our sweetest boy likes to get into trouble at school. 

boyd played with his cousin last weekend, and i had a good chat with his mama.




and boyd got a little bald spot cut into his hair, we later found out, courtesy of his neighbor friend.
who also thought it was a good idea to take the safety scissors and mark up the wood on boyd's bed.


i don't want to tell all of boyd's business on here, because he is growing up, and i don't want to embarrass him one day...but he was extra naughty in class this week.
he is usually a sweet boy full of hugs and thank yous and all of the good things.
i had him write this note out for his teacher.
he told me he messed up on one letter, so he just turned it into popcorn.
you can always count on kids to make you laugh, even when you are a little upset.
the note says, i am sorry for being unkind in class.
{although a few friends thought it said, i am sorry for being a pain in the ass. which is kind of funny}.
i did write it again, in my handwriting, at the bottom, so there would be no confusion.
that's all we need.


i met a friend really last minute today, at a new coffee shop.
we had the best conversation, and i love that my friend kathy pushes her coffee cup next to mine and knows that i'm about to take a picture, without me even saying a word.
and, although i have a strong love for one local coffee shop in particular, i think this one might have stolen my heart today. it was the cutest place. i haven't had caffeine for a couple of weeks now, and i had a cappuccino today, and boy did i feel it.
but i was good and followed it up with a cup of decaf, that was amazing.






i picked boyd up from school, and when we got close to the house, he picked up one of those feathery round weeds and blew on it and made a wish and said, i want a dirt bike and a truck.


we ran for a quick cupcake date, that we haven't had in a while.
pumpkin for me, chocolate for boyd.


we spent the rest of the evening outside.
boyd got extra dirty, and his bathwater was so gross tonight,
but i sure do love this messy little boy.


I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

i hope you've all been well.
have a good weekend.

love,
nicolle

6 comments:

Genn said...

I've been thinking about you. You've seemed quiet on the social media front. I hope you are ok.
I'm sorry to know you are worried about medical stuff too. Hope it's nothing serious.
Jake scared me today. He called from work and said he had 6 irregular heartbeats in a row and almost blacked out. He went straight to ER for some tests and has an appt with his cardiologist on Monday. I'm hoping for good news.

That's funny what people thought Boyd's note said. That's nice to have him write that. You are a good mama and I'm sure his teacher will appreciate it.
Hugs my friend. Hope your weekend is nice.

Kris said...

Hope you are doing okay kiddo. I too, am way behind in blogging, and visiting my blogging friends. I did see your post on IG, and I am one of those who thought the note said something...well..uh else.
Boyd will be fine. He is a loving boy, with a lot of energy. I am thinking his teacher is a tad uptight.
Loved your coffee pic!
Be sweet, my friend.
xo Kris

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Hugs! Kids will be kids and boys will be boys. Everyone has good days and bad but luckily, he is one of the ones who has more good days than bad.

Many prayers headed your way. It is hard not to over think things no matter how many times we tell ourselves to stop.

A cupcake date sounds amazing right now. I ordered some pies from the place on Taylor street...name is blank right now! Their chocolate chess pie won an award so of course I got one. Maybe we should order one for coffee to test before Thanksgiving.

Hailey Grace says to tell Boyd hi and that she went to the park but didn't touch the sand box this time. (Last time, she itched for DAYS and I had to use a script, YUK!)

Holly said...

Boyd is so cute! Being a turkey and all!
10 years from now, it'll be these stories that you retell and your heart will smile!

I laughed out loud when I read what your friend thought the note said, though! Too funny!

Your pictures of that coffee palace are nuts, they're so good! They should really pay you for advertising because I will be driving over after this post!

4 Lettre Words said...

What a cute little coffee shop...and I know you had a great time! Boyd is a cutie pie, naughty or not. :)

{cindy} said...

hey there...sorry it's been such awhile since I've been here! finally just sat down yesterday to catch my own blog up!!:/

hair cuts and bed scratching...these are NOT some of my favorite things!!:( that stinks!! ugh...no more words really!!:(

as far as school goes...we could chat for hours on that one!:) I think you did the right thing to have him write the note. it' so hard when you want to be his mama and love on him at home and then you feel like you have to reprimand him for things that happened at school.:( keep being positive and praising the small things...which I know you already do!!:) he'll get there!!

what a funky little coffee place. I swear your town has the cutest places!! glad you got to share it with a friend. and a "comfy knows you" friend too!! the best!!:)

have a happy day nicolle