Wednesday, April 9, 2014

texas bluebonnets, again

i've been taking bluebonnet pictures for some family friends, for years.
i haven't been as good at taking them of boyd,
but i've taken some of him in the bluebonnets for the last couple of years.
it's a texas tradition, you must do it. 
boyd came with me tonight so i could snap a few of him, 
and i took some of all of them together.





i grew up being told that it was illegal to pick our state flower,
but that is a myth. 
i don't pick them, and i don't think anyone should, but boys will be boys...
and, boys will use bluebonnets as mustaches.


thank you texas for the beautiful bluebonnets.

love,
nicolle

9 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Gosh...they are so lovely!

Unknown said...

Those are great pictures! Boyd has grown up so much. One day I will get down there for pictures with blue bonnets too! Troy's working in Austin so we are going to TX, but not until next month. :(

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Love the pictures!

We had the kids pictures taken last night as well. The first thing Chris told HG was not to pick the flowers. :) good to know that when she did, it wasn't illegal.

Megan said...

These are beautiful Nicolle! Boyd's look is really changing. In that first pic he looks so grown up! Have I told you that I have never taken the kids to get a photo in the bluebonnets? Or to sit on Santa's lap. Shame on me.

Nicolle said...

Y'all are sweet. Thank you! I think blogger is acting up because I see your comments here, but didn't get an email. Just wanted you all to know I saw these though. xo

Ross said...

The pictures look fantastic Nicolle! I only wish I could get out into our fields to take pictures right now. It snowed again last night just when we thought spring was here.

Holly said...

These are fantastic! Boyd looks so mature and grown up here. His hair is longer and I just love it.
I need to do this before they are all gone... I too have never taken the boys pics in them. :/

Kris said...

Cutest pics ever!!!
xo Kris

{cindy} said...

love these! and i remember the ones you put on a canvas...was that last year??:) time is flying on me!:)
boyd is growing up.
darn!!:)
love the mustaches
if we had bluebonnets here i'd be there every year too.
have a happy day nicolle