Monday, September 1, 2014

a texas summer wedding

my stepsister was married on saturday evening, 
in one of the sweetest and prettiest and simplest ceremonies ever. 
it was at her best friend's home, and i'm not usually envious of a house,
but mama mia this one was amazing.
after the ceremony, the kids swam. 
there was dancing, and delicious fajitas and bbq.
and sweet tea, of course.
it was a beautiful day for a wedding.
















christie and chad, we wish you lots of years of love together.


love,
nicolle

12 comments:

SZM said...

sweet!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Beautiful!
I love the picture of your step dad and stepsister!

Kris said...

What a beautiful wedding! She is so pretty! Love the decor, AND the house and yard, and pool!!! Fun!!!
xo Kris

Kerri said...

Fajitas and bbq and sweet tea...onlyl at a Texas wedding! Aren't simple weddings the best?! I think we get smarter as we get older and truly understand what is most important in a wedding. I feel bad for people that spend so much money on their "event". Such a good looking couple. That backyard looks like a mini resort for sure! I would be envious too!

Megan said...

I love the picture of the guys...it looks like they were having a fun time! And swimming??!! Best wedding idea ever! She is lovely and I'm so happy everybody had a great day!

{cindy} said...

so beautiful!!!!
a wedding where you can wear shorts...my kind of wedding!!
love the sand art making to signify their new family!!!!!!!!!!
just beautiful!
have a happy day nicolle

Jill said...

What a lovely weeding with so many smiles! Loved the decor and the pool sure looks refreshing! Your stepsister looked beautiful and radiant!
Hope you are having a great week! How is school going for Boyd? He is just growing so quickly... but still has that amazing smile...breaking little girls hearts yet? :-)

Blessings,
Jill

Kerri said...

Thanks for your comment Nicolle...I tried to reply through email but it was sent back to me...I'm not sure why that keeps happening? I guess I have been away for too long and things have changed, maybe?!
I wanted to share that dip recipe. It wasn't really dip...I had to use a knife to spread it on my cracker!
Mix together cream cheese, some garlic powder, scallions and cheddar cheese. I use that mixture to stuff jalapenos and then wrap in bacon. Oh my...good stuff!
Hope this week of school is going better for Boyd!

Genn said...

What a fun wedding that looked like! So pretty. And from your pics the house and pool did look amazing!

Nicolle said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments. Blogger/Google has gone crazy and I don't always get notified by email about comments, and many times when I comment on your blogs, I get an undeliverable email. Frustrating to say the least! Thank you all for stopping by. xo

4 Lettre Words said...

I love the casual-ness! Beautiful day and location,too!

Sarah said...

Definitely a beautiful outdoor space. I love the simple, classy, style of that wedding, and including the kids. Looks like a fun day!