Monday, October 20, 2014

white queso dip

we love a good cheese dip.
this is a nice change from rotel dip, that many of us have grown up on.
i recently found a recipe, and have made it several times, and changed it up a bit,
and have settled on this version.
it is delicious.

you will need:
 3 T unsalted butter
1/2 of a medium/large sweet yellow onion, diced
a 2 lb box of white velveeta cheese
two 4oz cans of diced green chiles
whole milk


saute the onion and butter in a small skillet, until onion is translucent and just starts to brown.
transfer onion and any liquid to a small crockpot, with cheese and green chiles, and a few splashes of milk.
stir occasionally until melted. you may need a little more milk. i prefer this more thin than thick.

this is the final result.
so good.


note:
i prefer the hatch brand green chiles. i use one hot and one mild for this recipe.
occasionally there are stems in the cans, so just check as you are pouring the chiles into your dip.

enjoy.

love,
nicolle

5 comments:

Kris said...

Oh mercy! Yum, yum, yum!!!!
xo KRis

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Delicious!
I will be making this over the weekend. ;)

Holly said...

We love queso!! I will try this recipe soon!

Unknown said...

OK - where do you get White Velveeta? I've never seen that! But this looks soooo good. I must find some!

Ross said...

This looks really good and I'm going to have to try it's! Hope things are going well for you it's been a bit. Please pray as my surgery recovery has not been going as well as we had hoped! Email me at my site if you want more specifics to pray about.