Thursday, December 11, 2014

mint chocolate chip cookies

boyd woke up in the middle of the night, with a high fever.
i don't like fevers.
kevin gave him some medicine, and some ice water, and tucked him back into bed.
i rubbed some lavender oil on him, and prayed for him.
isn't it great that god hears our prayers at 2:30 in the morning.

today he is home with me,
resting on the couch, 
eating crackers, popsicles, and drinking diet 7-up.
he has finally perked up after some tylenol, thank goodness.

i just made these cookies.
i've made them before, and they are so delicious.
i snuck a couple, put a couple back for boyd and kevin,
and i'll send the rest with kevin to work.



1 pouch betty crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 tsp mint extract
8 drops green food coloring
1 egg

mix all above in bowl until soft ball forms, 
add in 1 cup of creme de menthe baking chips
and
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chunks 

bake 8-10 minutes, on ungreased cookie sheet, at 350 degrees 

i'd really love to have a small cookie scoop.
maybe santa can put one in my stocking!

i wish that i could keep the edges from browning.
do any of my baker friends have any tricks?
i love making these cookies.
they are fun, and a little different.

love,
nicolle

2 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Awww...I do not like fevers either...and of course, doctors act like it's no big deal, which doesn't help.

Those cookies sound and look so good. I know Kevin's coworkers loved them!

Kerri said...

I am sitting here smiling as I read your post...and drinking the last of my leftover champagne and cheese & crackers and a handful of chocolates. I cannot control myself with all of these leftover goodies in the house from Christmas! Your uncle's place looks like any boys dream! Brady didn't feel well Christmas Eve or Christmas day so I only took a couple of pictures and the lighting was awful and they didn't turn out well at all and that's how life goes. I made those cookies a couple of years ago for St. Patty's Day and mine did not turn out as green as yours and so mine looked more like moldy cookies! Good stuff! Thank you for your sweet Christmas card....so glad to know you! Happy New Year!