I made asian chicken lettuce wraps the other night.
I rarely follow a recipe, so I just threw together what we love.
They were delicious.
I made them once before and the taste was not right.
I'm so glad I tried them again.
I think these will be a staple for us this summer.
I'm so glad I tried them again.
I think these will be a staple for us this summer.
1.15 pounds of chicken tenders
{obviously you can use whatever amount close to a pound, this is just the weight I purchased}
{obviously you can use whatever amount close to a pound, this is just the weight I purchased}
1 1/2 small cans of sliced water chestnuts, drained
3 or 4 green onions, diced
1 bottle of Kikkoman Stir Fry Sauce
dash of sesame seeds
dash of soy sauce
butter lettuce
I trimmed up and cooked the chicken in a little bit of oil. Then I removed it from the skillet, and diced it up really small. I also diced up the water chestnuts really small. Throw both of these back into the skillet along with the diced green onions and the bottle of stir fry sauce, the sesame seeds and the soy sauce. Stir and cook on low, just to warm up and for the flavors to blend.
I love to buy the butter lettuce. I think it is easier to wrap than iceberg.
I also add my favorite, Sriracha sauce.
enjoy.
..............
We had a nice lunch today with Kevin's aunt. She moved here from Maryland a few months ago, and I feel like we have neglected seeing her.
We love you Aunt Terry.
..............
A few more pictures.
I also add my favorite, Sriracha sauce.
enjoy.
..............
We had a nice lunch today with Kevin's aunt. She moved here from Maryland a few months ago, and I feel like we have neglected seeing her.
We love you Aunt Terry.
..............
A few more pictures.
* i love boyd's sweet face here, peeking over my shoulder in the car.
* gorgeous sunrise as we were headed to austin.
* boyd in downtown austin.
* iced dark mocha latte in austin.
* a stop in west as we headed home, for kolaches.
* {i got a new car}.
* boyd describing something to me as the "biggerist".
* my heart broke so much when i heard that denver moore passed away,
co-author of same kind of different as me.
i feel incredibly sad over this, although i know heaven is rejoicing, and that is beautiful.
co-author ron hall wrote this upon denver's passing:
He changed a lot of lives. People who read our book are never able to look at homeless people the same way again. He was a rock star.
i feel incredibly sad over this, although i know heaven is rejoicing, and that is beautiful.
co-author ron hall wrote this upon denver's passing:
He changed a lot of lives. People who read our book are never able to look at homeless people the same way again. He was a rock star.
* sweet delivery from my mother in law.
..............
I used to spend a lotta time worryin that I was different from other
people, even from other homeless folks. Then, after I met Miss Debbie
and Mr. Ron, I worried that I was so different from them that we wadn't
ever gon' have no kind a' future. But I found out everybody's different
- the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks
walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The truth about it
is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't
no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless - just workin
our way toward home.
~Denver Moore



20 comments:
I am going to pin that lettuce wrap recipe, looks so good. I always want to try making them but every recipe I have ever seen has either strange ingredients or way too much effort involved. Yours looks perfect!
Yay for a new car! We got a new car this week too, it sure does make running errands fun doesn't it?
Yay you got a new car :o)
My sister-in-law was once Czech Days princess in the small SD town she grew up in. Her mom makes lots of kolaches every year for the event.
Kevin looks a lot like his aunt!
Those pictures are great, I'm especially liking the chocolate strawberries! Lettuce wrap looks yummy too!
What part of Md is she from?
Blessings,
Jill
Woooweee, that looks good!!!
I love the photos!!!!
The lettuce wraps look great, I will have try. I just threw some chicken salad together for tomorrow, hope that is okay. HG made she and Boyd lunch too!
I HAVE GOT TO READ THAT BOOK!
That picture of you and Boyd is just too FUN! He is just too funny and cute!
Thanks for being my friend on instagram! Brady downloaded it for me this evening....I really have no idea what I'm doing...but I'll keep trying to figure it out!
What a beautiful quote at the end of your post today. It inspired me to want to read his book.
Micki
Thank you Micki, you should definitely read the book if you get the chance. It truly changed my life, forever.
xo.
whoa, nicolle, i've missed so much i don't even know where to begin! the austin trip looks amazing - we had friends who were living there about 10+ years ago and we flew down to see them (back when we only had one ladybug!) - so many of your photos are looking familiar to me - and bringing back great memories!!
this post is fabulous, too (omg, those strawberries!) - i'll definitely be trying your lettuce wrap recipe, thanks for sharing, friend!!
Yummmmm...yet, again. :) Love that you have more family close by and more reasons to take sweet pics! :)
I am gonna reserve this book from the library. Sounds absolutely wonderful.
We love lettuce wraps when we eat out...but never even thought of making them at home. Thanks so much! You always have such great fun recipes!
Happy weekend!
Your posts always bring me to tears. That lovely quote from Denver is something to remember for sure. Lettuce wraps are one of my favorite - never occurred to me to try them at home. What a perfect summer dish. Have a wonderful mothers day weekend.
So much goodness! I love the note on your car. You have a good guy there.
And I love that quote. Rest in peace Denver.
YUM! I'm in a food rut. Ever since my husband left for Europe I have been eating boring food. At first I was relieved to not have to cook every night but now I am dying for some proper meals. This looks good! I am still dying for Asian food, and this is up that alley.
Thanks for your sweet comments about our anniversary. I can't wait for him to get back so we can celebrate it.
Hope you and Boyd have a great weekend, and your hubs too!
NICOLLE,
I do follow you..I have for a long time now.. I think I might have commented once or twice.. I have been a bad blogger lately. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I truley do appreciate it.. I love the work you do for the homeless and less fortunate.. I think that is really important.. Boyd is a cutie....I saw you follow mr now. Thank you. I started mine to document everyday life for my kiddos. But I have met some nice people like you along the way so thanks again.. I hope to hear from you soon. Oh and the lettuce wrap looks YUMMY!!!! Have a great Mother's Day!!!!!!
You got a new car???!!! That deserves a poem! harhar. Don't worry, I won't torture you with one...Congratulations!!!!!!!
julia (aka..poor,pathetic girl without a blog)
What does the note on your car say? How did Megan read that?
julia (again_
That looks good! :-)
That recipe sounds so good! I wonder how many weight watchers points it would be?! Yes,I'm doing weight watchers. This is my second week. I lost 8lbs the first week. Woot! My goal is to lose 20 by July 4. I'm almost half way there.
Love all the pictures!!!
We love lettuce wraps...thanks for reminding me of that, perfect time of year for it:)
love your collage:
the pic of you and boyd in the car
the "biggerest"
and what's this...you got a new car????? WHAT???? are you seriously trying to make me feel like the ONLY one out there in a 10year old car!!:) haha good for you! i can't tell what kind it is or what the note says?!?!;)
beautiful quote by denver moore...summer read for sure.
have a happy day friend
Post a Comment