Friday, August 10, 2012

cure for the blahs


We have been going over and taking care of our friends' guinea pigs,
while they have been out of town.
Boyd loves doing this. 
We would go 5 times a day if it was up to him.
We went today, he played with a few legos,
then he turned on their toy parrot that repeats what you say to it.
Boyd said the sh#@ word, to the parrot.
{Just warning you Whit, in case there is some kind of button you press,
that replays the last 10 minutes of conversation}.

 I had the blahs today, for no good reason.
I'm sure it's the heat, but I just couldn't shake it.
About 4 pm I told Boyd to hop in the car for some frozen yogurt.
We each got a little bit in our dish,
and he acted as funny as ever,
and we chased away the blahs.

I had red velvet with a dash of brownies,
Boyd had chocolate with sprinkles.
Feeling guilty for having the cupcake the other day,
and this, but we only got a little bit.



I am so lucky to be able to spend my days with this baby boy.
He is so funny, and he makes me laugh over and over again.
My sweet boy who collects junk wanted to know if he could take the empty yogurt dish home,
to use as a drum.
I'm so mean, and told him NO.
He got mad and told me, oh man you ruined my plan.
He did bring his orange spoon home though.


We ran into a home decor store, and I bought this sweet little bird.
Another cure for the blahs.


 On the way home I started singing this old church hymn,
which I love and every single word is so true.
Usually when I sing, Boyd yells, STOP.
Today he just listened and smiled, and then said, I like that mommy.
Made me melt.

blessed Jesus hold my hand,
I need thee, yes I need thee every hour.
through this land, this pilgrim land,
protect me by thy saving power.
hear my plea, my feeble plea, 
dear Lord look down on me,
when I kneel in prayer I hope to meet you there,
blessed Jesus hold my hand.

That sums up our day.
The sh#@ word,
{which we obviously don't encourage}
the blahs,
yogurt,
laughter,
and church hymns.
{reality}.

love,
nicolle

16 comments:

SZM said...

my mom and I are DYING over this post. That Boyd reminds me so much of my youngest!

Nichole said...

Man, you show some self-control at the fro-yo place! I usually have half a bowl of yogurt and multiple toppings. :o)

Your little birdie is cute!

I don't know how you don't just bust out laughing when Boyd swears. I know it's "not funny" but stuff like that always makes me laugh.

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Boyd looks cute in that hat!!!

When we get back, it is a date for the yogurt shop. We go to Applelicious behind Rosa's and then another place in Southlake that I love. We keep saying we want to try that.

Blahs are hard. I didn't leave house much today just because I was wanting to be blah.

Glad another kid has repeated that word!

{cindy} said...

sorry you had the blahs friend. i know how those days can be and it's usually the simplest things that get me out of it too. the other day i went to target cause i NEEDED to get away, found a $2.99 dishtowel, a vanilla candle on clearance and new orla kiely pear ginger method soap and you would have thought i won the lottery!!! that and some good tunes played really loud in the car while i drive through the park with my fountain coke and i'm set!! don't you wish we could solve everyones problems so simply??? i guess that shows how truly blessed we are. :) ok, now i'm rambling!! haha
have a happy weekend nicolle

PS
you MUST get some of that soap:)

Kerri said...

Sorry to hear you had the blues...but happy that you were able to cure them so easily! :)
LOVE that picture of Boyd with the spoon on his nose! How can you ever say no to that sweet boy?! I hope he has already forgiven you for ruining his plan!
Your little bird is really cute!
Hope you guys have a great weekend!

4 Lettre Words said...

I have a similar pic of Luke coming up today! Frozen yogurt is always fun. :) LOVE that bird.

Genn said...

Oh Nicolle I just love your real life posts.

I'm sorry you had the blahs, but I'm glad you chased them away with yogurt!

Boyd and the spoon on his nose pic is so cute.
And I laughed at his cup with all the melted yogurt in it because that always happens to my girls and it's the biggest mess, and then they want to drink it. Ah well. Kids will be kids right? ;)

Genn said...

Oh ps I love that bird. If I had spotted that I would have bought it for my MOm. I bet she'd love it too. Cute!

Eric and Jenny said...

Don't feel guilty where is the joy in life if you can't have cupcakes and frozen yogurt in the same week!

I just love Boyd I really do! Teaching parrots lovely words and wanting ice cream containers as souveniers...oh dear thanks for a good laugh Boyd!

Holly said...

I was sweeping earlier and Maddox was trailing behind me picking out tiny pieces of crap to keep... and then yelled "STOP" when he saw me throwing away his little juice bottle, apparently it was "protection" for his army men! I love that you have another little hoarder!!
It makes me giggle!

I love the pics of Boyd in the cap and the one with the spoon on his nose!

Your bird is too cute... and now I am craving yogurt!
(but I am too lazy to load up and go! ...so i will probably just sneak the final snickers icecream bar for my sweet fix!)

Anonymous said...

Dear Nicolle:

I got the job I wanted! Thanks for the prayers. It's so cute how Boyd recycles everything. He can use that orange spoon to eat pumpkin pie. LOL

Micki

Nicolle said...

Hi Micki!

SO happy for you about the job. I wish you had a blog. :) I want to know more about it. I'm glad the prayers helped!

I will have to save that spoon then, because he does love pumpkin pie.

xo

Unknown said...

I love this whole post, we all get the blahs some days. No fun. I think I had them yesterday. I was just so stinkin hot you couldn't do anything. And I was cranky at Noah. I also wanted to shave my head, 108 out & long thick hair is not a good mix.

I just LOVE these photos of Boyd. His yes are SO pretty. And I love that little bird you got. It reminds me of my Mom. :)

P.s. do not feel guilty. Frozen yogurt in my opinion, is essential daily in triple digits. And it's too hot to make anything. I ordered pizza for us last night & we had ice cream.
XO

Unknown said...

eyes*** not yes. Sorry lol

sealaura said...

I think the blahs are going around! This heat is also not helping. Ice cream always helps, I've really been into banana milk shakes with a little nuttela. I just had one and it helped with the blahs!

That Boyd is a riot, I bet you couldn't help but chuckle when he said the S word. I used to work with little one and whenever they cursed it was so hard to keep a straight face!

I like the way Boyd collects things he is an inventor in the making. I see a little engineer.

Hope you are feeling better today.
xo
L

Seneca said...

Amazing how these old hymns get you through, right? Sweet song. I concur with Boyd