Thursday, September 27, 2012

thursday {field day and food trucks}

Boyd had field day at school today.
I thought he looked so handsome in his new sporty black top,
this morning.


The sun was in his eyes, and he wasn't really thrilled with getting any pictures taken.


And bless his heart, I say, smile Boyd,
and I get this...
cheeeeayyyyyyyeeesssseee.


I love his chin dimple.
I'm sure I'll say that a hundred more times.


I dropped Boyd off at school,
and didn't come back home, 
like I have been doing. 
I'm just kind of getting my groove with school,
and figuring out what I should be doing with my 10 hours a week,
besides cleaning and errands.
Today I punched in an address downtown on my GPS,
and went to find a taco truck I had just read about,
called Taco Heads.
{I love food trucks}.



 I had chorizo, potatoes, egg and cheese,
with some pico and creamy salsa on my taco.
It was delicious.
The weather was nice, and it was worth the trip.

Downtown Fort Worth is so beautiful.

I came home to do a couple of things,
then headed back to school,
to take a few field day pictures.
How cute is this little group?!


I guess field day for 4 years olds is more like,
run around and play for a while.
It was fun to watch, and when I went back at the end of the day to pick Boyd up,
he thanked me for coming to his school today to see him.
Sweet boy.



Boyd has been talking about his little friend Brayden at school.
I asked him today who Brayden was, and he said, the boy with the piggie shirt on.
We found him.


Sometimes it's still hard to believe, 
4 1/2 years later,
that we have a little boy, who is in school, and having field day, and hanging out with his classmates, and writing his letters, and spelling his name.
I love it all.

My happiest moment from today...
Boyd picked a flower for me during field day, and ran over to bring it to me.



love,
nicolle

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya friend!!!

The food truck visit sounded delightful! And your picture made my mouth water! What fun.

I'm glad Boyd is enjoying school. It's such an exciting time for him.

Enjoy your evening! Hope it's a good one!

4 Lettre Words said...

What a great day! Love that they did field day at his school. (It's such a special memory for me.) The pics are so sweet...and I can totally relate to the 1st few. I often hear complaints about bright lights or sunshine. :)

Kris said...

He looks so cute! Me and Erika have a cleft chin. So does Noah. Love Boyd's! That lunch looked amazing! I wish we had some food trucks!!!
Love your action shots!! And I love he and his little friend's sweaty little heads!!!
Hugs,
Kris

SZM said...

just flat out love this. Read every word. Slowly.

Nichole said...

That taco looks awesome. Going to food trucks sounds so fun!

I love that little flower that Boyd gave you. How sweet!

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Boyd is so sweet and looking handsome in that shirt.
Field Day looks like a blast.

I know another mom and a cute little red head that will join you any food truck day (or any other day!!). Have you tried that cafe owned by the cupcake shop, Southern Breeze?

Heather said...

This kid, so cute and sweet too! What a wonderful day! That taco made me drool!

{cindy} said...

oh that taco looked delish. we haven't visited our mexican place in a bit cause last time there was someone getting sick in the bathroom and it kind of grossed us both out and we haven't been back!!:/ is that the craziest story or what. i felt terrible for the poor person but it was so loud and obvious....ugh! was that totally way too gross to write on your blog?!?!?!

anyway...on to field day!:)
i love all those special kind of days that make up a good year. such great things to look back on and remember. boyd is just too sweet and cute. that flower...melt me for sure. and i soooo hear ya on the whole "how did we get here, 10, 8 1/2 and 3 years later"!!!:)
have a happy day nicolle

Gabe said...

Love that last photo...LOVE!

Seneca said...

Nicolle, I love hole in the wall eateries and I think food trucks fall into this category. On another note, I remember when I was 4 or 5 and my mom would come up to the school. Man, it made me feel so special. The advantages of an at home mom.

Kerri said...

I want to live where there are food trucks...ok, I know you already know this!
Boyd looks so cute with his pre school friends. And you and the hubs look pretty cute too!