I dropped Boyd off at school this morning,
ran home for a few minutes,
then made my way downtown, to hand out some food/drinks and socks.
{thanks again to my sweet grandma for most of the items}.
{thanks again to my sweet grandma for most of the items}.
I saw so many people sleeping under blankets on the ground,
or like this person,
on the porch of an old, abandoned home.
Why are they there?
Bad choices in life, or bad luck?
Maybe they have no one in their life to turn to,
not a single family member or friend.
God doesn't need me to figure it out, and we are told not to judge,
only to love.
Why are they there?
Bad choices in life, or bad luck?
Maybe they have no one in their life to turn to,
not a single family member or friend.
God doesn't need me to figure it out, and we are told not to judge,
only to love.
And each time I go downtown,
I am reminded that I am blessed.
We work hard and try to do good,
but we don't DESERVE anything we have,
we just thank God each day for our blessings.
Life doesn't make much sense,
and I know I will be trying to figure it all out for as long as I live.
Then what really doesn't make sense,
is that I can drive away from there, and go shopping for food.
But, once again, I thank God for what He has given me,
and I am trying to glorify Him by being happy and loving this life that I have been given.
I know that for the rest of my life, my heart will struggle with having so much,
when so many have so little,
but I will never take any of it for granted.
I once read online about someone who shared the joy in her life on her blog,
and someone asked her why, why does she write about food, or a cup of coffee,
or going to the park, or the hundredth time she went for a cupcake,
{ok, I just threw in the cupcake part}
and she said that God blessed her with this life,
and she felt that by living and being happy,
and sharing her joy with others,
she was thanking Him for every little thing that she had.
I love that.
So, I went on a small shopping spree {$27} at one of my happy places,
Trader Joe's.
If you love coconut, do yourself a favor, and buy these.
They are unique, and delicious.
I came home and had a salad that I bought at Trader Joe's,
and relaxed for a few minutes.
I've had this salad twice, and it's wonderful.
When I picked Boyd up, he was sweaty like usual,
he had a great day at school,
and this was his piece of artwork from today.
I love it.
I thought we were going to play outside this afternoon,
but Boyd is tired and keeps crying off and on.
Bless his heart, school is good, but it's doing a number on him.
have a good afternoon.
{life is hard, but my glass is half full, and I am so thankful}.
love,
nicolle
Then what really doesn't make sense,
is that I can drive away from there, and go shopping for food.
But, once again, I thank God for what He has given me,
and I am trying to glorify Him by being happy and loving this life that I have been given.
I know that for the rest of my life, my heart will struggle with having so much,
when so many have so little,
but I will never take any of it for granted.
I once read online about someone who shared the joy in her life on her blog,
and someone asked her why, why does she write about food, or a cup of coffee,
or going to the park, or the hundredth time she went for a cupcake,
{ok, I just threw in the cupcake part}
and she said that God blessed her with this life,
and she felt that by living and being happy,
and sharing her joy with others,
she was thanking Him for every little thing that she had.
I love that.
So, I went on a small shopping spree {$27} at one of my happy places,
Trader Joe's.
If you love coconut, do yourself a favor, and buy these.
They are unique, and delicious.
I came home and had a salad that I bought at Trader Joe's,
and relaxed for a few minutes.
I've had this salad twice, and it's wonderful.
When I picked Boyd up, he was sweaty like usual,
he had a great day at school,
and this was his piece of artwork from today.
I love it.
I thought we were going to play outside this afternoon,
but Boyd is tired and keeps crying off and on.
Bless his heart, school is good, but it's doing a number on him.
have a good afternoon.
{life is hard, but my glass is half full, and I am so thankful}.
love,
nicolle

10 comments:
I love your heart...so full and sincere!
such a beautiful post, as usual.
Loved this post!
So honest and sincere and just sweet. I love where you talked about blogging what you love and what makes you happy. I love the cupcake pictures, they make me happy too! I wonder sometimes if I take too many silly pictures but it's those little tiny day to day moments that make life so sweet, so I will just keep taking pictures of what I love and no worries about anybody else!
Nicolle, have you read the book "Crazy Love"? I think you would really enjoy this book. While reading it, you constantly popped into my mind as one of those Crazy people who understand that sacrificing your time and resources for others is what this live is really about. If you forgot to turn off the comments for this post, I'm glad you did :o)
Thank you all for saying such nice things.
Seneca, I will get that book, for sure. I think a couple other friends recommended it to me, but I didn't know what it was about. Now I definitely want it. You have a good memory too...and I did have the comments off, but a friend told me it let her type this long comment, then said she didn't have access when she went to post, so I turned them back on. Must be a new blogger thing? Anyway, thanks for coming by here tonight.
:)
Such a good soul!!
I need to make a trip down to TJ's too! I swore I wouldn't go back until a school day so now I have no reason not to go. :)
School is a beating some days. :/
I love Seneca's comment! He is right on.
I haven't been to Trader Joe's in so long....I wish it wasn't an hour away. Your stuff all looks so yummy!
you are so inspiring! I know you didn't write this to hear that but you truly are, if it weren't for you I would forget to be grateful sometimes especially during my McAllen slumps!
I like what you said about not judging, sometimes I will give money to a homeless person and I really don't want to know what they will do with it, I just feel moved to do it and that's where my part ends.
Hope Boyd is back to his old self today. TGIF not that any of the says look different to me but STILL!! HAHA! Have a great weekend and by the way you are killing me with the coconut. I would probably eat coconut flavored trash bc I like all things coconut so much!
xo
L
There are shiny jewels waiting for your crown in Heaven. <3
Ditto ditto ditto what everyone has said. Love you girl!
Post a Comment