more signs of spring.
our texas mountain laurels are blooming.
trader joe's stickers,
and this sweet boy who let me drag him to 4 grocery stores today, the post office and the gas station.
boyd turns 5 in a few weeks.
{i won't even go into the whole how is this possible, and the fact that i tear up when i think about it}.
{i won't even go into the whole how is this possible, and the fact that i tear up when i think about it}.
we talked about a cake today and he decided on an easter egg themed cake,
with strawberry cake and chocolate frosting and sprinkles and a number 5 candle,
made by him and his mama.
so that's what we went with.
i don't even know what we're doing for a party yet, but simple comes to mind.
{i'm second guessing myself on not going all out on decor and invites and a fancy venue, and will i disappoint him, and all that stuff, but i'm going with my gut. i doubt he will be scarred because i don't have an invite to glue into his baby book. and i am sure this will be the last year i can get away with simple}.
a few more good things...
a few more good things...
kevin will be home tomorrow.
we have a fun birthday party to go to for boyd's friend parker tomorrow.
i bought my favorite trader joe's coffee and i'm about to brew a cup.
boyd is tired and going to bed early.
i plan on taking a long soak in the tub.
groceries are bought for the week,
and the menu is light and easy.
good night.
love,
nicolle
ps. my friend nichole listed the cutest hair ties in her etsy shop.
i have some, and i love them.
go buy some, here.
ps. my friend nichole listed the cutest hair ties in her etsy shop.
i have some, and i love them.
go buy some, here.



6 comments:
Love the cake idea and simple party idea.
Boyd was a trooper today, HG would have disowned me. :)
I love the simple birthday party idea. We always had simple parties growing up and I don't think it scarred me too badly. ;o)
We're just hanging out tonight. We had a couple cupcakes that I brought home with me today.
Hope the coffee was good and that you have a good night!
Sounds like my kind of birthday! My daughter turns 6 next weekend. We have a pretty simple party planned as well, gymnastics and a few friends with cake. Happy Birthday in advance to Boyd!
I needed to read a list of good things.
I loved this.
We just had Sam's birthday party...2 months late. :) I want the backyard to finally dry out so we can have Luke's friends over here, so I'm thinking May sounds good. LOL
Have a great week, Mama! XO!
Hello my friend.
Sounds like your week is off to a good start. I'm happy to hear.
Glad Kevin is home safely from his trip. I bet you are so glad!
Have a good Tuesday Nicolle!
Post a Comment